Covington Catholic at Beechwood Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Beechwood
    • Covington Catholic

Cov Cath head coach Eddie Eviston is 6-0 against Beechwood in his tenure at Cov Cath, and 7-2 against the Tigers during his high school head coaching career. With Beechwood coach Noel Rash marching his 2021 Tigers out onto the field this Friday with a 4-0 record behind QB Cam Hergott, who's in his fourth year starting for Rash, it looks to be as big a threat as we've seen to Coach Eviston's perfect record against Beechwood as the Colonels' head coach.

Beechwood's has averaged 45.5 points per game in its first four games of the season, and their defense only pitched three shut-outs thus far, only having allowed 21 points yet this season - all scored by 6A opponent Simon Kenton this past Friday.

After the first 40 contests in this series, the record stands at 24 wins in Covington Catholic's favor, and 16 wins for Beechwood. The Tigers' last win at home against the Colonels goes back to October 2, 2008 when Beechwood sent Cov Cath back from Fort Mitchell with a 35-21 loss.

Cov Cath's two wins this season have come on the back of the defense's ability to make stops when they've really needed to, to capitalize on turnovers, and to grind teams down in the course of two halves. Their offense has seen its biggest successes come with deep pass play, and hitting them with powerful downhill running from backs Brayden Collins and Nick Darpel, and then turning to Reid Hummel's speed on the ground or with quick jabs forward by quarterbacks Adam Holtz and Preston Agee on QB draw plays.

On Beechwood's side of things, it almost seems like it just depends on Cam Hergott's mood. Sometimes Cam's in the mood to air the ball out, the way he did with his 241 yards and 4 TDs passing against Somerset, or other times Cam might feel like running the ball for the night, the way he did with his 165 yards rushing and the team's 297 total yards rushing in their win over Paintsville. Or hey, maybe Cam's in the mood to keep things a little more balanced like he did against Simon Kenton on Friday, with 274 yards passing, and the team's 304 yards rushing. Beechwood is a team with a LOT of weapons. QB Cam Hergott, running back Avery Courtney, receivers Parker Mason and Mitchell Berger...their defense is loaded with just as many weapons as their offense, if not more.

Will this be the week the Colonels really seem to put things together and kick their team into gear for a 6th straight win over Beechwood? Or will this Friday be the Tigers smoothly working their way up to ramming speed and earning Coach Rash his 3rd head coaching win over the Colonels? One thing's for sure, there's gonna be some tough and lively football action at Edgar McNabb Stadium on Friday night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, in the 14 minutes between the post you quoted and your own post, you were able to check with every single Beechwood parent to see whether or not they had said that? Color me impressed!

7on7 isn't a scrimmage. It's a glorified "hey let's toss the football in the yard". CCH and SK played in a real-game simulation scrimmage for 3 quarters. If you wanna talk about 7on7 you might as well

I don't know that I would say "most Mayfield fans" don't respect Beechwood. I think everyone knows snakesnot is a Mayfield fan, and I think he was just calling attention to the fact that calling any 2

All I have read for the past few weeks is Beechwood is the best team in KY all divisions! Other Beechwood posters have them beating CCH by minimum 3 TD! I’m just hoping to see a good game by two good teams. 

My personal opinion is these are two of the best coaching staffs in NKY! 

Should be one of the top games in the state this week. Looking forward to what should be a fantastic atmosphere in the Ft. Friday night! 

I expect a battle from the jump. CovCath will have to find a way to a) contain Hergott, which none of the first four Tiger opponents have come close to doing, b) deal with what looks to be one of the top front-7 groups in the state, and c) deal with the Tigers loaded offensive skill position group.

My prediction - Beechwood 31, CovCath 14.

Beechwood wins easily this year. It does happen from time to time. Beechwood is simply a better team this year. CCH defense could make it closer but Beechwood got too much fire power on offense. CCH offense can’t move the ball consistently especially without a productive  passing game.  I say 35-14 for the Tigers. 

It should be a very good game. I have said for a few weeks that I believe Beechwood is the best team in NKY, and a top 10 and maybe even top 5 team in the whole state regardless of class. So I do believe Beechwood wins this one. 

Beechwood 28

Covcath 14

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.