Covington Catholic at Beechwood Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Beechwood
    • Covington Catholic

5 hours ago, WhiteCastle said:

All I have read for the past few weeks is Beechwood is the best team in KY all divisions! Other Beechwood posters have them beating CCH by minimum 3 TD! I’m just hoping to see a good game by two good teams. 

My personal opinion is these are two of the best coaching staffs in NKY! 

No one is saying Beechwood is the top team in KY for all divisions. Many would say top 10 for all divisions.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Repaired quote.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, WhiteCastle said:

All I have read for the past few weeks is Beechwood is the best team in KY all divisions! Other Beechwood posters have them beating CCH by minimum 3 TD! I’m just hoping to see a good game by two good teams. 

My personal opinion is these are two of the best coaching staffs in NKY! 

In all divisions.

21 minutes ago, Jason Bucklen said:

It doesn’t matter how good Beechwood is. Beechwood beating LCA was a fluke last year so it doesn’t matter if Beechwood wins this game or not! Mayfield will beat them in the playoffs! It’s laughable to me after all these years that Beechwood still doesn’t get any respect from most Mayfield fans! 

I don't know that I would say "most Mayfield fans" don't respect Beechwood. I think everyone knows snakesnot is a Mayfield fan, and I think he was just calling attention to the fact that calling any 2A football team "the best team in Kentucky in all divisions" four weeks into the season is more than likely an overstatement. Beechwood is a really, really, REALLY strong team this year. I don't think anyone is questioning whether or not that's the case. But to imply that Beechwood could take Male, or Douglass, or Trinity, or St. X right now just seems like it's at least a little premature when, like it or not, the four teams they have played this season have a combined 3-12 record this season, and not a winning record from the bunch. Does that mean Beechwood isn't good? Of course not. But I think maybe some folks should temper their expectations a bit until we see how the rest of the regular season pans out (and for the record, I think it's going to pan out very well for the Tigers.)

Now, do Mayfield fans like to make it a point to take jabs when they can? Sure. It's a bigtime rivalry. Just like Highlands fans like to try and get Cov Cath fans riled up, and vice versa.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I don't know that I would say "most Mayfield fans" don't respect Beechwood. I think everyone knows snakesnot is a Mayfield fan, and I think he was just calling attention to the fact that calling any 2A football team "the best team in Kentucky in all divisions" four weeks into the season is more than likely an overstatement. Beechwood is a really, really, REALLY strong team this year. I don't think anyone is questioning whether or not that's the case. But to imply that Beechwood could take Male, or Douglass, or Trinity, or St. X right now just seems like it's at least a little premature when, like it or not, the four teams they have played this season have a combined 3-12 record this season, and not a winning record from the bunch. Does that mean Beechwood isn't good? Of course not. But I think maybe some folks should temper their expectations a bit until we see how the rest of the regular season pans out (and for the record, I think it's going to pan out very well for the Tigers.)

Now, do Mayfield fans like to make it a point to take jabs when they can? Sure. It's a bigtime rivalry. Just like Highlands fans like to try and get Cov Cath fans riled up, and vice versa.

Beechwood is a GREAT team, especially for there class, but they are not a top 5 team in the state. 

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Do I think they could beat Male or Trinity or JC or the big schools it would take a tall order to do that. I’m sure as long as they win 2a Beechwood fans will be happy. I haven’t seen them play in 3 years. I’m just going by what everyone is saying how talented they are. Only time will tell if they are one of the best if not the best team in school history. 

8 minutes ago, Jason Bucklen said:

Beechwood doesn’t get the respect they deserve. In his own words “Beechwood beating LCA last year in the finals was a fluke! Mayfield will beat Beechwood in the playoffs. That is my whole point when I said they don’t get the respect they deserve. Is this Beechwood team very talented and could they be one of the best if not the best team in school history? Yes from what I have been hearing from everyone I talk to. I haven’t seen them play I three years. Do I think they could beat Male or Trinity or JC or the big schools it would take a tall order to do that. 

Well like I said, it's a bigtime rivalry, and along with bigtime rivalries comes rivalry talk.

It's tough to definitively say that Beechwood's win wasn't a fluke last year, because frankly speaking, had that game been played on a field with standard high school uprights, it would have been a LCA state championship. That is what it is. And it's certainly an easy way to get under the skin of Beechwood fans, but it's hard to refute too. Similarly it's hard to deny any Highlands fan from saying "Highlands generally beats Cov Cath," because statistically speaking, Highlands generally has beaten Cov Cath. Do I like that? No. But that's part of the rivalry. On the same token, it's hard for a Beechwood fan to say definitively that "No, Mayfield won't beat us come playoff time," because the fact is, Mayfield historically beats Beechwood in the playoffs. Again. Rivalry talk. I just try not to let it get my dander up and hope that the guys on my team get a nice heavy chip on their shoulder when they hear that same kind of talk. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Well like I said, it's a bigtime rivalry, and along with bigtime rivalries comes rivalry talk.

It's tough to definitively say that Beechwood's win wasn't a fluke last year, because frankly speaking, had that game been played on a field with standard high school uprights, it would have been a LCA state championship. That is what it is. And it's certainly an easy way to get under the skin of Beechwood fans, but it's hard to refute too. Similarly it's hard to deny any Highlands fan from saying "Highlands generally beats Cov Cath," because statistically speaking, Highlands generally has beaten Cov Cath. Do I like that? No. But that's part of the rivalry. On the same token, it's hard for a Beechwood fan to say definitively that "No, Mayfield won't beat us come playoff time," because the fact is, Mayfield historically beats Beechwood in the playoffs. Again. Rivalry talk. I just try not to let it get my dander up and hope that the guys on my team get a nice heavy chip on their shoulder when they hear that same kind of talk. 🤷‍♂️

I’m calm right now. I’m just making a point. I agree Mayfield does own Beechwood I won’t disagree with you on that. Mayfield is 7-0 lifetime against them so that streak has to end sooner or later. I never did say Mayfield won’t beat them.  As it being a Fluke or not they lost. It’s that simple. I’m sure people can say a few of Beechwood’s other state titles were flukes just like a few Cov Cath’s but the bottom line is that those teams didn’t make the plays when it counted.