Covington Catholic at Beechwood Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Beechwood
    • Covington Catholic

6 hours ago, BubbyKY said:

Cov Cath scrimmaged SK

Ok, if we are evaluating scrimmages I have to say I felt sorry for CovCath at the Beechwood-hosted 7on7. CovCath had 1 play turnovers in the scrimmage against Beechwood and didn't improve against Dixie. That is without defensive line pressure. Let's compare Apple to Apples.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hoopsjunky said:

Ok, if we are evaluating scrimmages I have to say I felt sorry for CovCath at the Beechwood-hosted 7on7. CovCath had 1 play turnovers in the scrimmage against Beechwood and didn't improve against Dixie. That is without defensive line pressure. Let's compare Apple to Apples.

7on7 isn't a scrimmage. It's a glorified "hey let's toss the football in the yard". CCH and SK played in a real-game simulation scrimmage for 3 quarters. If you wanna talk about 7on7 you might as well start talking about times in the forty for RBs, and legpress/benchpress/clean weights for linemen.

• Like 5

Beechwood 35

Cov Cath 28

This will be tight throughout but I feel like this year is Beechwood’s year to snap the losing streak. Beechwood’s D is as physical as any defense I have seen from them in the past 10 years. I feel like Beechwood gets out toughed in this matchup each year but this year Beechwood may be the more physical team and they are not scared of Cov Cath like past teams have been. Cov Cath usually has the advantage because they normally have players that play 1 way and stay fresher longer than Beechwood players. Beechwood is so deep this year they are able to give guys rest and they stay fresher longer which will help in this matchup. As for all this talk of Beechwood being the best in the state that is of no consequence to the Tigers because all they want to do is be better than all teams in 2A and beat their Rival. Coach Rash has a way of keeping the Tigers from looking ahead and they will be focused each and every game going forward. It’s one game at a time till the State Championship is back where it belongs in Ft. Michell, KY. I just hope neither team has any injuries and we have a hard fought game. 

2 minutes ago, BWTigers said:

Beechwood 35

Cov Cath 28

This will be tight throughout but I feel like this year is Beechwood’s year to snap the losing streak. Beechwood’s D is as physical as any defense I have seen from them in the past 10 years. I feel like Beechwood gets out toughed in this matchup each year but this year Beechwood may be the more physical team and they are not scared of Cov Cath like past teams have been. Cov Cath usually has the advantage because they normally have players that play 1 way and stay fresher longer than Beechwood players. Beechwood is so deep this year they are able to give guys rest and they stay fresher longer which will help in this matchup. As for all this talk of Beechwood being the best in the state that is of no consequence to the Tigers because all they want to do is be better than all teams in 2A and beat their Rival. Coach Rash has a way of keeping the Tigers from looking ahead and they will be focused each and every game going forward. It’s one game at a time till the State Championship is back where it belongs in Ft. Michell, KY. I just hope neither team has any injuries and we have a hard fought game. 

Really?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BWTigers said:

Beechwood 35

Cov Cath 28

Cam being back for a 5th year will likely be enough to push Beechwood over the top. CCH is probably better, like most years, at the majority of position groups, however, QB is still the most important position on the field at all levels and will have the biggest impact. 

Beechwood has a really good shot at winning, I think however without Cam, CCH would likely win pretty comfortably. 

• Like 2

I know Beechwood’s QB Is a returning senior. How many others  on the team are returning seniors? Is this not a factor in the strength of Beechwood’s team? I’m not saying that the coach or the school should not play these returning seniors, however it does play into the outcome of the game. Beachwood always has a good team. I think that this year is somewhat of an aberration due to this rule that allows seniors to return.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BWTigers said:

As for all this talk of Beechwood being the best in the state that is of no consequence to the Tigers because all they want to do is be better than all teams in 2A and beat their Rival.

I'm gonna ask again, for anyone to answer... Who is saying Beechwood is the best in the state and where are they saying it?

6 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I'm gonna ask again, for anyone to answer... Who is saying Beechwood is the best in the state and where are they saying it?

I’ve not seen the best team in the state talk, but there has been some talk of top 5-10 in all classes talk. Possibly was in the thread about which team Would score on Beechwood first. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1