Jump to content

Covington Catholic at Beechwood Predictions/Updates


Who wins?  

95 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Beechwood
      59
    • Covington Catholic
      36


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BubbyKY said:

Cov Cath scrimmaged SK

Thanks. Forgot about that. Still, a scrimmage is not the same as regular season live action. However, judgement day is upon us Friday. It should be a great game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is a game tonight between CCH and Beechwood. 

Wow, in the 14 minutes between the post you quoted and your own post, you were able to check with every single Beechwood parent to see whether or not they had said that? Color me impressed!

7on7 isn't a scrimmage. It's a glorified "hey let's toss the football in the yard". CCH and SK played in a real-game simulation scrimmage for 3 quarters. If you wanna talk about 7on7 you might as well

Posted Images

6 hours ago, BubbyKY said:

Cov Cath scrimmaged SK

Ok, if we are evaluating scrimmages I have to say I felt sorry for CovCath at the Beechwood-hosted 7on7. CovCath had 1 play turnovers in the scrimmage against Beechwood and didn't improve against Dixie. That is without defensive line pressure. Let's compare Apple to Apples.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hoopsjunky said:

Ok, if we are evaluating scrimmages I have to say I felt sorry for CovCath at the Beechwood-hosted 7on7. CovCath had 1 play turnovers in the scrimmage against Beechwood and didn't improve against Dixie. That is without defensive line pressure. Let's compare Apple to Apples.

7on7 isn't a scrimmage. It's a glorified "hey let's toss the football in the yard". CCH and SK played in a real-game simulation scrimmage for 3 quarters. If you wanna talk about 7on7 you might as well start talking about times in the forty for RBs, and legpress/benchpress/clean weights for linemen.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Beechwood by 10. Think Colonels hang tough but the Tigers pull this one off late. THIS will be the toughest game of the season. So much plays into this game. Rivalry, emotion, Cam coming back. This will be an intense back and forth. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Beechwood 35

Cov Cath 28

This will be tight throughout but I feel like this year is Beechwood’s year to snap the losing streak. Beechwood’s D is as physical as any defense I have seen from them in the past 10 years. I feel like Beechwood gets out toughed in this matchup each year but this year Beechwood may be the more physical team and they are not scared of Cov Cath like past teams have been. Cov Cath usually has the advantage because they normally have players that play 1 way and stay fresher longer than Beechwood players. Beechwood is so deep this year they are able to give guys rest and they stay fresher longer which will help in this matchup. As for all this talk of Beechwood being the best in the state that is of no consequence to the Tigers because all they want to do is be better than all teams in 2A and beat their Rival. Coach Rash has a way of keeping the Tigers from looking ahead and they will be focused each and every game going forward. It’s one game at a time till the State Championship is back where it belongs in Ft. Michell, KY. I just hope neither team has any injuries and we have a hard fought game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BWTigers said:

Beechwood 35

Cov Cath 28

This will be tight throughout but I feel like this year is Beechwood’s year to snap the losing streak. Beechwood’s D is as physical as any defense I have seen from them in the past 10 years. I feel like Beechwood gets out toughed in this matchup each year but this year Beechwood may be the more physical team and they are not scared of Cov Cath like past teams have been. Cov Cath usually has the advantage because they normally have players that play 1 way and stay fresher longer than Beechwood players. Beechwood is so deep this year they are able to give guys rest and they stay fresher longer which will help in this matchup. As for all this talk of Beechwood being the best in the state that is of no consequence to the Tigers because all they want to do is be better than all teams in 2A and beat their Rival. Coach Rash has a way of keeping the Tigers from looking ahead and they will be focused each and every game going forward. It’s one game at a time till the State Championship is back where it belongs in Ft. Michell, KY. I just hope neither team has any injuries and we have a hard fought game. 

Really?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BWTigers said:

Beechwood 35

Cov Cath 28

This will be tight throughout but I feel like this year is Beechwood’s year to snap the losing streak. Beechwood’s D is as physical as any defense I have seen from them in the past 10 years. I feel like Beechwood gets out toughed in this matchup each year but this year Beechwood may be the more physical team and they are not scared of Cov Cath like past teams have been. Cov Cath usually has the advantage because they normally have players that play 1 way and stay fresher longer than Beechwood players. Beechwood is so deep this year they are able to give guys rest and they stay fresher longer which will help in this matchup. As for all this talk of Beechwood being the best in the state that is of no consequence to the Tigers because all they want to do is be better than all teams in 2A and beat their Rival. Coach Rash has a way of keeping the Tigers from looking ahead and they will be focused each and every game going forward. It’s one game at a time till the State Championship is back where it belongs in Ft. Michell, KY. I just hope neither team has any injuries and we have a hard fought game. 

Cam being back for a 5th year will likely be enough to push Beechwood over the top. CCH is probably better, like most years, at the majority of position groups, however, QB is still the most important position on the field at all levels and will have the biggest impact. 

Beechwood has a really good shot at winning, I think however without Cam, CCH would likely win pretty comfortably. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Beechwood’s QB Is a returning senior. How many others  on the team are returning seniors? Is this not a factor in the strength of Beechwood’s team? I’m not saying that the coach or the school should not play these returning seniors, however it does play into the outcome of the game. Beachwood always has a good team. I think that this year is somewhat of an aberration due to this rule that allows seniors to return.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This just feels like Beechwood's year. They nearly got it done last year in Park Hills, and the Tigers basically have everybody back. Senior leadership at quarterback played a huge role in CovCath coming back to win last season. That experience will be wearing red this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BWTigers said:

As for all this talk of Beechwood being the best in the state that is of no consequence to the Tigers because all they want to do is be better than all teams in 2A and beat their Rival.

I'm gonna ask again, for anyone to answer... Who is saying Beechwood is the best in the state and where are they saying it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I'm gonna ask again, for anyone to answer... Who is saying Beechwood is the best in the state and where are they saying it?

I’ve not seen the best team in the state talk, but there has been some talk of top 5-10 in all classes talk. Possibly was in the thread about which team Would score on Beechwood first. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I'm gonna ask again, for anyone to answer... Who is saying Beechwood is the best in the state and where are they saying it?

All I have read is @futurecoachmentioning Beechwood may be a top ten team in the state which with the limited information we have is reasonable. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.