Beechwood 12 Covington Catholic 6 (JV)

BrosefStalin

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Beechwood does allow a very small number of seniors to play. These seniors are guys who don’t see any varsity time, at all. They also allow their freshman to play. Without all groups, they wouldn’t have enough to play. 

Since we are on the topic of honesty, I too, am looking for some. Why was a certain star player suspended for the LexCath game?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

Yes, Beechwood does allow a very small number of seniors to play. These seniors are guys who don’t see any varsity time, at all. They also allow their freshman to play. Without all groups, they wouldn’t have enough to play. 

Since we are on the topic of honesty, I too, am looking for some. Why was a certain star player suspended for the LexCath game?

I agree with this practice.  I may have been harder on it in the past but again I agree seniors that don't get any varsity time should definitely be allowed to play JV. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

I agree with this practice.  I may have been harder on it in the past but again I agree seniors that don't get any varsity time should definitely be allowed to play JV. 

I have no problem with it either. None. Not all kids are cut out to play varsity sports. Some still choose to put in the time on the team all the same, and more power to them. Just because a player is a senior does not automatically entitle a kid to be on the varsity field. If their coach wants to put those seniors in on JV to give them the opportunity to still actually play the game, I've got no beef with that whatsoever.

• Like 3

I too have softened my stance on this position.  Sometimes the numbers dictate it; other Seniors to be candid are all about the program but not talented enough on the same playing field.  I have no problem seeing some JV action.  I trust that coaches are not going to let it hurt development; but it should be about kids enjoying the game.  Some seniors put a lot of time in never to see the field.  I would be for it, under the right circumstances.