What “IF” Bethlehem beats 6A Eastern?

Bac2369

Does a win make Bethlehem a Contender?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Does a win make Bethlehem a Contender?

• Yes
    • No
    • Makes both KCD and Bethlehem cotenders
    • Just a win!

This past week Kentucky Country Day beat Eastern 25-20, giving Class 1A folks that Kentucky Country Day isn’t going away and is a Contender. Now we have another Class 1A team matching up with Eastern.

Does a win by Bethlehem void Kentucky Country Days win? Does a win make Bethlehem a true contender? Does it make both contenders? OR Does this just make it a regular win? Give your thoughts and opinions.

• Bac2369 changed the title to What “IF” Bethlehem beats 6A Eastern?
Just now, gbballfan21 said:

When did beating Eastern become some kind of statement win? 

When it is a 1A school beating a 6A school, it is worth noting. In addition Eastern showed some signs of improvement in their preseason. I guess we'll find out this week where all this stands. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

When it is a 1A school beating a 6A school, it is worth noting. In addition Eastern showed some signs of improvement in their preseason. I guess we'll find out this week where all this stands. 

They have won 11 games in the last 4 years. 

6A or not, they are not a good football team. If they lose to Bethlehem, it just tells me they are really not a good football team. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

Why would Eastern schedule multiple 1A teams and they are 6A?

Because they can't beat any 6A teams and are just hoping to get any wins they can 1A to 6A.

They are in one of the 2 toughest 6A districts and won't get a district win for the foreseeable future.

Eastern found and played a competitive game.  It's demoralizing for the kids to always get beat with running clock.  I think it's a win win for both.  It's competitive for Eastern and may end up winning.  For the small school it's great RPI points.

• Like 1

Eastern was not playing a full team last week against KCD due to Covid quarantines. Maybe they would have lost anyway, but when 1/2 the team is in quarantine, I don't know it is the best performance. Nobody seems to be mentioning this when evaluating the score against KCD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Cats25 said:

Eastern was not playing a full team last week against KCD due to Covid quarantines. Maybe they would have lost anyway, but when 1/2 the team is in quarantine, I don't know it is the best performance. Nobody seems to be mentioning this when evaluating the score against KCD.

Thanks for info. That can be big difference if starters out.

• Like 1