Scrimmage Week

Owensboro's CoVid situation:

With the football season quickly approaching, Owensboro High School has suffered a setback as a member of the team has contracted COVID-19.

Head Coach Jay Fallin made the announcement via a letter, stating that the player who tested positive was in contact with other players during their recent film session on Monday.

That being said, the team has cancelled all activities for today and certain players will most likely have to take some time off.

“As a result, all unvaccinated individuals that were present during the film session will be required to self isolate (quarantine) at home through Wednesday, August 11,” according to the letter. “All vaccinated individuals will not be required to self isolate unless they begin to develop symptoms.”

Fallin plans to follow up with the team tomorrow, hoping to be able to let vaccinated players resume activities soon.

However, members of the team that were not exposed will be able to return to practice tomorrow morning.

“We’re going to stay in constant contact with the guys as we have been,” Fallin said. “I’ve communicated with them all day today and other position coaches and their coordinators are going to be meeting with them via zoom discussing things with them.”

For those players who are in quarantine, the strength coach for Owensboro has put together a workout regimen for them to stay in shape for the upcoming season while staying safe.

“I want to stress that it’s all exercise they can complete on their own,” Fallin said. “We want them to stay in isolation. So it’s just running around the neighborhood, or going out the park and running, or bodyweight exercises they can do at home so they can stay in shape so we can be ready to hit the ground running next Thursday.”

At this time, this will not affect Owensboro’s scheduled scrimmage on Aug. 13 or the scheduled game against Saint X. on Friday, Aug. 20.

26 minutes ago, Brown said:

Owensboro's CoVid situation:

With the football season quickly approaching, Owensboro High School has suffered a setback as a member of the team has contracted COVID-19.

Head Coach Jay Fallin made the announcement via a letter, stating that the player who tested positive was in contact with other players during their recent film session on Monday.

That being said, the team has cancelled all activities for today and certain players will most likely have to take some time off.

“As a result, all unvaccinated individuals that were present during the film session will be required to self isolate (quarantine) at home through Wednesday, August 11,” according to the letter. “All vaccinated individuals will not be required to self isolate unless they begin to develop symptoms.”

Fallin plans to follow up with the team tomorrow, hoping to be able to let vaccinated players resume activities soon.

However, members of the team that were not exposed will be able to return to practice tomorrow morning.

“We’re going to stay in constant contact with the guys as we have been,” Fallin said. “I’ve communicated with them all day today and other position coaches and their coordinators are going to be meeting with them via zoom discussing things with them.”

For those players who are in quarantine, the strength coach for Owensboro has put together a workout regimen for them to stay in shape for the upcoming season while staying safe.

“I want to stress that it’s all exercise they can complete on their own,” Fallin said. “We want them to stay in isolation. So it’s just running around the neighborhood, or going out the park and running, or bodyweight exercises they can do at home so they can stay in shape so we can be ready to hit the ground running next Thursday.”

At this time, this will not affect Owensboro’s scheduled scrimmage on Aug. 13 or the scheduled game against Saint X. on Friday, Aug. 20.

Very detailed information!  Thanks for sharing!  I hate it for the BG vs O scrimmage, but it's better to get this out of the way now and I know all the Red Devil players that were not already vaccinated might spur them to become vaccinated.

• Like 2

Best I can tell on Bowling Green vs Scott County it was 14-14 on varsity and 14-0 JV / freshman in favor of Scott.  I’m going off the constant tweets from Kal Oakes.  Feickhart with a huge night.   Again not a lot of commenting on individual BG plays.  I’m sure both squads glad they got a lot of reps in.

19 hours ago, Brown said:

Best I can tell on Bowling Green vs Scott County it was 14-14 on varsity and 14-0 JV / freshman in favor of Scott.  I’m going off the constant tweets from Kal Oakes.  Feickhart with a huge night.   Again not a lot of commenting on individual BG plays.  I’m sure both squads glad they got a lot of reps in.

The scores referenced don't really mean anything IMO, as this was a very controlled scrimmage (for example the BG JV was headed in within the red zone probably twice, but ran out of # of plays so they switched offenses based on the # of plays), which I liked, as it allowed for alot of subs and different guys in different spots and the coaches were on the field talking to the players after the plays, which really helped.  On certain occasions, you could see players lined up better (defensively) for example.  And best of all many reps.

They had kickoff practices, punt practices, XP and FG practices, and red zone practices for both teams at specific times on the field.  It was well done and well thought out, as they blew the whistle before any significant hits were made on the special teams so no one got hurt.

I thought it was pretty even honestly for what it was "a pre-season practice".

For Scott County, their new QB played well.  They are deceptive and did a good job of confusing BG at times (BG doesn't see Wing T very much anymore, especially on a 2-day notice), but BG also stopped alot of things as well.  #25 for SC was a super athlete and will cause many teams problems this season.  On the SC defense, I thought their back 4 was really athletic and made some nice plays and their line played well.  I think their LBs may be young, but should improve during the season.

For BG, Tyler Moore the starting LB also got a few carries and looked really good doing it.  BG had the screen game going at times and took what SC gave them which was more small things as they played a 2-deep zone all night.  Many new faces on the BG offense and they shuffled alot of guys in and out.  The Oline generally looked good with a few breakdowns, which can be expected of a new group of guys.

For the BG D, through the middle of the field it seemed pretty strong to me, but the BG corners need to use the film to improve positioning.  They will be fine.

On to scrimmage a great Male team this coming Friday night in Bardstown!  I hope it is a similar setup to the SC scrimmage, but know Coach Wolff just likes to simulate a full game.  That wouldn't be fun for BG right now against this Male team, but the controlled scrimmage would.  We'll see how it goes.  Not looking to win the scrimmages, just improve and be ready for Highlands Week 1.  Go Purples!

• Like 3