What would you change in MLB?

True revenue sharing including local broadcast rights. 

Salary cap in place similar to NBA that allows teams to keep their stars.

Universal DH with the double hook. (DH comes out when starting pitcher comes out)

Automated Ball and Stike calls...this would be my favorite change. 

Those 4 off the top of my head.

A return of the $1 hot dog instead of that $20 All-You-Can-Eat option (per person) where you are limited to 5 hot dogs and unlimited junk and soda.  Give me 2 hot dogs each for my wife and I and a beer for me and water for her and we are usually good for the game.  That's all we want.

In addition to the revenue sharing and salary cap mentioned above:

-7 inning games

-Pitch Clock

-Extra innings start with runner on second

-If they can't get a salary cap with the union, then make the Luxury tax 31times whatever you spend over the threshold.  In other words, for every dollar you spend over the limit, you give that same amount to every other team.  Works the same as a salary cap in the end without "capping" a players ability to earn.  The current luxury tax means nothing to the big market teams. 

• Sad 1

I have never believed that the time and pace of the game is the issue. Golf is going through a resurgence right now and as much as I love golf there is no slower and longer sport than golf. The issue is the MLB just has no idea how to market themselves at all. It starts with offense. As a guy that grew up playing catcher my whole life, pitchers suck. They need to stop caring so much what pitchers think. Move the fences in, juice the balls(more), and anything else that generates offense. 

• Thanks 1

Here is a drastic change to consider. Three balls equals a walk instead of four.

That speeds up the game by making fewer pitches. It puts the onus on throwing strikes.

That allows the good starting pitchers to go deeper into games.

That creates more action because the crunch time in the count comes a lot faster.

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Here is a drastic change to consider. Three balls equals a walk instead of four.

That speeds up the game by making fewer pitches. It puts the onus on throwing strikes.

That allows the good starting pitchers to go deeper into games.

That creates more action because the crunch time in the count comes a lot faster.

Does the game need to speed up? I truly don’t believe that’s the issue. Lack of offense and superstars is the issue. Id make the mound flatter before I changed something drastic like going to 3 balls. 

4 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

Does the game need to speed up? I truly don’t believe that’s the issue. Lack of offense and superstars is the issue. Id make the mound flatter before I changed something drastic like going to 3 balls. 

Here is why baseball needs to be sped up with some kind of a change - down time with no action taking place. Every time a pitch is thrown we have another minute of down time where we're watching nothing happen.  The battle between pitcher and batter gets dragged out because pitchers can waste pitches throwing balls. Think about what a baseball game would look like if it was one pitch per batter and how much action there would be. Obviously that is extreme but if we get that pitcher batter battle to conclude faster I think it is better for the game.

9 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Here is why baseball needs to be sped up with some kind of a change - down time with no action taking place. Every time a pitch is thrown we have another minute of down time where we're watching nothing happen.  The battle between pitcher and batter gets dragged out because pitchers can waste pitches throwing balls. Think about what a baseball game would look like if it was one pitch per batter and how much action there would be. Obviously that is extreme but if we get that pitcher batter battle to conclude faster I think it is better for the game.

There are other sports though that are just as long as a baseball game and nobody ever really cites the length as reasons for not watching those sports. I mean when was the last time baseball was really fun? I think most people would point to the home run chase between Sosa and McGuire. I think we should try to get back to that era of baseball any way we can. Eliminating the shift, lowering the pitchers mounds, universal DH, and moving the fences in a bit I think are all ideas to increase action that don’t fundamentally change the game.