We have a Vaccine

Voice of Reason

57 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I got booster yesterday and arm is sore similar to first two shots. The first two didn't really have any other effects. I feel a little bit ill today that didn't with first two. Hopefully I'll feel 100% tomorrow.

Got my booster last Friday. Zero side effects. I normally get a sore arm from flu shots and such, but not this go-around with the booster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Got my booster last Friday. Zero side effects. I normally get a sore arm from flu shots and such, but not this go-around with the booster.

Flu shot doesn't bother me at all. Worst reaction I've had is from tetnus shot. Strange how react differently to different shots.

27 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Flu shot doesn't bother me at all. Worst reaction I've had is from tetnus shot. Strange how react differently to different shots.

It is bizarre. My flu shot I had this year was mild soreness wise. Usually a lot worse.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I got booster yesterday and arm is sore similar to first two shots. The first two didn't really have any other effects. I feel a little bit ill today that didn't with first two. Hopefully I'll feel 100% tomorrow.

Last night felt pretty rough. Woke up today feeling good other than still little bit of soreness in arm. Looks like just feel bad for a day after booster shot.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2021/12/us-army-creates-single-vaccine-effective-against-all-covid-sars-variants/360089/

US Army creates vaccine effective against all variants of Covid. They've been working on this for two years.

Not that I'm rooting for Covid... but I'll believe that when I see it. 

On 12/21/2021 at 8:36 PM, Tigerpride94 said:

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2021/12/us-army-creates-single-vaccine-effective-against-all-covid-sars-variants/360089/

US Army creates vaccine effective against all variants of Covid. They've been working on this for two years.

I finally got around to reading the article.  Sounds like it will be months before the Army vaccine may be available.  Additionally, I think most of us realize this but this part of the article stood out.

“With Omicron, there's no way really to escape this virus. You're not going to be able to avoid it. So I think pretty soon either the whole world will be vaccinated or have been infected,” Modjarrad said. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PP1 said:

My boys were schedule to get shot #1 at 3 pm today. I called and canceled. Just got nervous about it, plus I didn't want them getting any side effects for tomorrow or Saturday.

I definitely wouldn't plan anything the next couple days after getting the shot. Although the first one gave me zero side effects, the second came with pretty severe chills and a fever for starting about 18 hours after  getting it. Those lasted for about 6 hours, but I was generally fatigued and not feeling 100% for roughly 36 hours. I got my booster the week before Thanksgiving, and immediately started taking Advil/tylenol every two hours with lots of fluids, and avoided any fever or chills, but still generally felt run down for most of the weekend.

Still, a couple days of side effects is not that big of deal for the benefits provided. I've been directly exposed at least a half dozen times since being vaccinated (including my wife getting it) without catching the virus. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Saw a doctor reviewing a report out of South Africa that said the antibodies from the vaccines may not be as effective in preventing Omicron.  But, that the T-cells generated from any of the 3 vaccines or previous infection, were still 70-80% effective.  According to him, that would explain why just about everyone could get Omicron, but that the effects of it could be negligible.  Said that's why it's still worthwhile to get the vaccine.

• Like 1