Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cards at Reds 8/31-9/02

Featured Replies

More fallout from dumb David, our best hitter gets a 1 game suspension, will he sit out tonight or appeal it??

see they finally brought Aquino back

  • Author

WHY do they keep playing Barney???  Defense is not worth his PATHETIC offense!!!

  • Author

Whew, Disco is awful again tonight!!

need 2 of 3 here bad!!

  • Author

Get him out, just PATHETIC again Disco!!

I think they just give in to the Cards!!

  • Author

Gotta barehand that ball!!  Galvis is just not a good defensive player

Made it interesting in the 9th, at least. 

One of the main gripes, and I have several, is that we don't take into consideration it appears that it is a 60 game season. Disco was struggling big time last night, and I thought should have been taken out way before he gave up the HR.  He was at 90 pitches and you are still in the game.  If he was removed last night I feel like the Reds would have won that game.  We continue to do bone head things as a coaching staff, and they have lost the players.  I think they truly hate playing for this guy.  I have no idea what the management looks at.  Some of the decisions they make are like they are high school coaches punishing a kid.  If you are 0-2 in the first 5 innings you are coming out and PH for.  It is like taking a player out for missing a shot.  This team might not be good enough to compete with the Dodgers, but they should be in the playoffs with this roster.  Disappointing up to this point.

I'm usually a patient person, but if the Reds fall 8-10 games behind, upper management has to start giving out some pink slips.  After all, we've been told the Reds were "All In" this year.

3 hours ago, 8th Region Warrior said:

One of the main gripes, and I have several, is that we don't take into consideration it appears that it is a 60 game season. Disco was struggling big time last night, and I thought should have been taken out way before he gave up the HR.  He was at 90 pitches and you are still in the game.  If he was removed last night I feel like the Reds would have won that game.

Completely agree on the 60 game mentality.  Last night you've got a guy who hasn't pitched in a week and a half or so, and is struggling pretty much from the word go.  With a 162 games, maybe you let him go an extra inning or two, in order to "work on his stuff" and try to find his groove back.  With 60 games, you don't have that luxury.  Honestly, they should have had a plan for it, knowing that it's been awhile in between starts for Disco.

I was a fan of Bell getting the job in the first place, but even my patience is wearing thin.

16 hours ago, mcpapa said:

Made it interesting in the 9th, at least. 

I've been critical of some of the "gift" wins that the Reds were presented by the Chicago Cubs, and they were gifts - not comebacks,  or any other fancy names - they were gifts.

However, if they had come back and won Monday night, I would have regarded that an "earned" win.  Unfortunately, they didn't complete the comeback, but I'd rather see them win those kind of games, that having one handed to them.

Reds are now 41-54 by normal season standards - 13 games under .500.

I'm at least happy to see Paul Daugherty spitting up the pre-season kool-aid and beginning to tell it like it is.

Of course, Jim Day and friends were heralding the trade for VanMeter a solid trade where we would get a reliable reliever.  Why don't they let the guys prove themselves before anointing them anything.  They are likely going to be slugs.  They did the same thing with Jose Garcia last week - "destined to become one of the all-time great Cincinnati shortstops."  

I understand that they are paid to paint a rosy picture in our season of doom, but let the guys get  it done on the field  before anointing them the next great anything.  

David bell didn’t manage last nights game fyi. Not a pass by all means but just thought that should be pointed out.

  • Author

Just getting ridiculous how this team just “chokes” it up against the Cards, 7-19 in the last 26 home games after last night and already looking like 7-20!!!  Guy has NEVER had a hit off you and you walk him, just ridiculous!!

  • Author

Wong hitting under .200 coming in and had 2 hits in the same inning and 4 already, really!!!

just humiliating!!

This team has not won a game in the last week plus that Joey Votto played in.  

If David Bell is not fired after tonight’s game then the Reds management is telling you how clueless they are.

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.