Cards at Reds 8/31-9/02

Ok, in 11 innings against our boys the Cards just scored more runs than they had their last 5 games COMBINED, their first FOUR hitters in their lineup batted THREE times before Shogo or Casali got to bat and they had 10 hits before we got our first, 7-20 in your last 27 HOME games against this team, OK, I’ve had enough, time to get ready for UK and Bengal football for me guys, I’m out!

If David Bell's name wasn't Bell, he wouldn't have gotten the job in the first place.

With me the only difference between David Bell and Dusty Baker is the color of their skin.  Both let the lunatics run the asylum, and both want to be "player's  managers."  And that's probably a dis-service to Dusty.

This group has no semblance of being a team.  They are merely a collection of players, who come in and go out through our revolving door.  There is no stability, no pride,and certainly no allegiance to the town in which they play. 

I feel sorry for Bob Castellini, who thought that he would be the savior of our city, purchase the Reds and lead us back to our once grand glory.  NOT!!!    

15 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

This team has not won a game in the last week plus that Joey Votto played in. 

Correlation versus causation.

In the 4 games since his benching, Votto is 8-15, with 2 walks, 5 runs scored, and 3 RBI.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with that 5 game stretch.

Now, the fact that we've given up 41 runs during that same time period...

On 9/1/2020 at 7:59 PM, Jack of all Trades said:

This team has not won a game in the last week plus that Joey Votto played in.  

If David Bell is not fired after tonight’s game then the Reds management is telling you how clueless they are.

Votto with a walk off single last night to win 4-3 and now has a 6 game hitting streak and batting .450 during that time.

3 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

And?  One time this year he has come through in the clutch.  Also more than a handful of times he has come to the plate with same chance and not produced.  

It's actually his second walk off hit this season.

He's bad and he gets crushed.  He hits a walk off and who cares.

It's incredible the amount of hate Votto gets. 

They win and he does well = crickets. 

They win and he struggles = "he's washed up, trade him, cut him, bench him."

They lose and he does well = "the rest of the team plays better without him."

They lose and he struggles = "he's washed up, trade him, cut him, bench him."

I've never understood the hate for someone, seemingly because the amount of money he's being paid. Who cares? It's not your money, wouldn't you rather the player get the money than the higher ups? I promise, the game is more enjoyable to watch if you're just watching the game, rather than complaining about one individual and only focusing on him.

• Like 2

I do “watch” the game as you say.  This Reds team is no better than average.  Pitching is good , offense is putrid.  A large part of the blame falls on David Bell because he is totally clueless.  Not sure front office is any better.  Bring guys up from Mason and they inserted right into the lineup and then 10 days later sent back or cut loose.  Dog and pony show.

• Like 1