Big 10 Cancels Football Season

Jumper_Dad

26 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State does not expect a Big Ten vote Monday night on canceling football for 2020, but if one happened, incoming President Kristina M. Johnson would vote against cancellation, a university source told cleveland.com.

Pretty big deal and I underestimated her, my apologies.

Why alienate your donors and fans?  If the tsunami comes, it won't matter if you were rowing with the tide or against it.  So probably a good call on her part.  

27 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State does not expect a Big Ten vote Monday night on canceling football for 2020, but if one happened, incoming President Kristina M. Johnson would vote against cancellation, a university source told cleveland.com.

Pretty big deal and I underestimated her, my apologies.

I mean to be fair it’s kind of a hope for the best prepare for the worst situation with whoever the president at Ohio State is. I’m able to keep close tabs on good old Gordon Gee up here in Morgantown now. Haha 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bluegrasscard said:

Why alienate your donors and fans?  If the tsunami comes, it won't matter if you were rowing with the tide or against it.  So probably a good call on her part.  

Drake the previous leader, didn’t seem to understand that football was a big deal at OSU.  Like Grant said, we prepare for the worst and hope for the best.  To your point, I have already heard of donors reminding the school what they pay for tickets, and let me tell you it’s ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Hellcats said:

If I'm OSU, I vote with Iowa and Nebraska to save face.  😆

I think we’ll see more than just those 3 schools. I think it will be pretty obvious what schools vote yes. OSU, Mich, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, and Penn State will vote yes. The rest of the conference I would think would be at best 50/50. Maryland, Rutgers, Northwestern, and Michigan State are almost assuredly in the no column. Purdue, Indiana, and Illinois would be the swing votes I would imagine. 

1 hour ago, GrantNKY said:

I think we’ll see more than just those 3 schools. I think it will be pretty obvious what schools vote yes. OSU, Mich, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, and Penn State will vote yes. The rest of the conference I would think would be at best 50/50. Maryland, Rutgers, Northwestern, and Michigan State are almost assuredly in the no column. Purdue, Indiana, and Illinois would be the swing votes I would imagine. 

I can't see it being 7-6.  Wouldn't this have to be near unanimous to be effective?  I'd hate to be on either side.   

7 hours ago, Hellcats said:

I can't see it being 7-6.  Wouldn't this have to be near unanimous to be effective?  I'd hate to be on either side.   

You’re guess is as good as mine. I have no idea how this would work as far as voting goes. I have no idea about the logistical aspect of teams moving to and playing games against another conference. I have no idea how any of this would work. 

2 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

You’re guess is as good as mine. I have no idea how this would work as far as voting goes. I have no idea about the logistical aspect of teams moving to and playing games against another conference. I have no idea how any of this would work. 

Hypothetical situation:  

These teams are contractually obligated.  Nebraska plays in the Big 12 this year.  Does the money they make go to the Big 12 or the Big 10?

This could be any team and may be a non issue, but money seems to always be the biggest issue. 

59 minutes ago, Hellcats said:

Hypothetical situation:  

These teams are contractually obligated.  Nebraska plays in the Big 12 this year.  Does the money they make go to the Big 12 or the Big 10?

This could be any team and may be a non issue, but money seems to always be the biggest issue. 

I would imagine that Force Majeure clauses are getting tested somewhat during this time. 

1 hour ago, Hellcats said:

Hypothetical situation:  

Well the Big 12 doesn’t have a tv deal so I think whatever money Nebraska makes, Nebraska keeps. I heard a rumor of the SEC adopting anyone who wants to play and they’ve already been in talks with ESPN about a proposed tv deal if that happens. I have no way to substantiate that though. So much was rumored about yesterday that it’s nearly impossible to decipher what was garbage and what actually had truth to it. 

• Like 1