Big 10 Cancels Football Season

Jumper_Dad

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

Ohio State should go independent and start their own network. 

I’ve always wondered why more of the big boys don’t do this.

Would an independent Ohio State or Bama bring in more cash than their Big 10 or SEC share of revenue? 

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Ohio State should go independent and start their own network. 

100%. As the undisputed leader of the Big 10, Ohio State should have pulled a Texas in the Big 12 and flexed hard on the rest of the conference. 

3 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

100%. As the undisputed leader of the Big 10, Ohio State should have pulled a Texas in the Big 12 and flexed hard on the rest of the conference. 

Is Ohio State the "undisputed leader of the Big 10"? Not talking about wins and losses but rather decision making. I've always gotten the impression Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota pulled a lot of the strings.

1 minute ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Is Ohio State the "undisputed leader of the Big 10"? Not talking about wins and losses but rather decision making. I've always gotten the impression Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota pulled a lot of the strings.

In terms of being able to break away and go independent, it's OSU by eleventy billion miles. 

• Like 1

Just now, gchs_uk9 said:

That’s the point I was trying to make. Ohio State doesn’t hold as much weight in the conference as it should with decision making. This conference would be nothing without Ohio State. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheDeuce said:

In terms of being able to break away and go independent, it's OSU by eleventy billion miles. 

Absolutely. But is that the smart move for Ohio State athletics in the long run? There's a reason no one that matters but Notre Dame is an independent.

2 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Absolutely. But is that the smart move for Ohio State athletics in the long run? There's a reason no one that matters but Notre Dame is an independent.

It’s don’t think independence is the best route. I believe a complete restructuring of conferences in college football needs to take place. 

Just now, GrantNKY said:

It’s don’t think independence is the best route. I believe a complete restricting of conferences in college football needs to take place. 

I'm not sure if that's necessary for football and basketball, but it makes perfect sense for every other sport. There's no reason Maryland is running cross country in Minnesota, West Virginia is playing baseball at Texas Tech, Missouri is playing soccer at Florida. The original conference designs were like-minded universities close to each other. Television destroyed that in the last couple decades.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

This is the worst day in sports in my lifetime. There are bigger things in the world than football, so it’s all relative. But today really, really hurts. 

I'll be right there with you brother. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I'm not sure if that's necessary for football and basketball, but it makes perfect sense for every other sport. There's no reason Maryland is running cross country in Minnesota, West Virginia is playing baseball at Texas Tech, Missouri is playing soccer at Florida. The original conference designs were like-minded universities close to each other. Television destroyed that in the last couple decades.

I’ve said this over and over and over again on this site.

UK baseball, softball, women’s basketball, etc playing a full SEC schedule is absolutely ridiculous to put it mildly. 

• Like 1