Big 10 Cancels Football Season

Jumper_Dad

26 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

The player/coach movement is working.  The season is gonna get delayed, not cancelled.

As Ryan Day said yesterday, that’s why they released the schedule when they did and how they did. It allows for flexibility in all of this. That’s the reports yesterday were so shocking to begin with. Either way Dan Patrick either needs better sources or to not talk about college football. Haha 

• Like 1

Big Ten has handled this situation very poorly; from the get go they've seemed to puff out their chest and do whatever they want. I'm glad they received the type of public backlash they deserved. I don't know if there will still be college football, but the Big Ten needs to ensure they've done everything thing possible to allow these young men an opportunity to play if they so choose. There is too much at stake for them (Big Ten) to just cancel at this point. 

8 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

Just trying to save face. They aren't going to play in the spring, and if they do it will be without a lot of significant players. If they play in the spring are they going to turn around in a few months a play in the fall of 2021? 

Exactly, player safety, let’s play two seasons in one year.  Sad day. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I’m pretty upset, but let’s see if the SEC and ACC go forward with the fall.

Louisville's coach said yesterday he was under the impression the ACC was "moving forward" regardless of what other conferences did. We'll see if the ACC's stance changes now. 

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Louisville's coach said yesterday he was under the impression the ACC was "moving forward" regardless of what other conferences did. We'll see if the ACC's stance changes now. 

I’m not 100% sold.  Even Sankey in the SEC has been timid and keeping his cards close.  We’ll see, if the other powers play, Ryan Day will soon be in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I’m not 100% sold.  Even Sankey in the SEC has been timid and keeping his cards close.  We’ll see, if the other powers play, Ryan Day will soon be in the NFL.

I'm not either, but I'm also not convinced that just because the Big Ten said they aren't playing, everyone else will cancel. 

• Like 1

Don't get forced into a decision. I don't know if the SEC or ACC will play this fall but they're at least giving themselves time to make a decision that is best for their conferences. Also, lets say the Power 5 schools don't play this fall, will the NFL schedule games on Saturday to replace major college football? And if the NFL does that, would they give the time slots back to college football in the future?