Mexican, Chinese, or Italian food?

Randy Parker

Which of these three ethnic foods is your favorite?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these three ethnic foods is your favorite?

Probably Mexican. It's the one I eat the most, probably 10 times a month. We have taco's/fajitas almost every week at home, nachos as a regular snack, and eat out at a Mexican restaurant another time or two every month.

I usually have Chinese a time or two every month, and shrimp egg foo young is one of my favorite meals, but of the 3 choices I probably eat Chinese the least.

I eat Italian a lot too, but outside of Pizza, I don't love italian food, and I rarely go out to eat Italian food.

I’d be perfectly content if I never ate Chinese food again. There are just very few really good Chinese places and most Mexican and Italian places are almost always solid.

I've never been to Italy, Mexico, or China. The closest I can get to authentic is probably eating at a hole in the wall in Little Italy in New York City! Can a BGP member give us a comparison of how those foods taste in their home country compared to here? I'm certain it is better, but is it even the same food?

I've never been to Italy, Mexico, or China. The closest I can get to authentic is probably eating at a hole in the wall in Little Italy in New York City! Can a BGP member give us a comparison of how those foods taste in their home country compared to here? I'm certain it is better, but is it even the same food?

Italy: Have been there. We most often associate Italian food with pastas and Chef Boyardee. The real deal infuses fresher ingredients, more veggies, and anti-pasta fare. I have only been to Rome, so I question how authentic I really got, but the quality was much better.

Mexico: Have only been to Cancun, so I don't count that. Traditional food from American establishments do exist. The best by far I have had is Fruitland La Casa Del Sabor in Arroyo Grande, California. Considered a top 10 Mexican restaurant in America, there is no doubt why. My mouth waters to this day thinking about it.

China: Have not been, but this one is the winner. The "Chinatown" in Liverpool was the coolest I have been to, but the best Chinese food in America has to be Ping Pang Pong in Las Vegas. When I travel to Sin City, it is the only must stop I go to. For a foodie such as myself in a food haven like Vegas, that is saying a lot. The flavor combinations are so bold. You cannot compare it to anything you get at your local Chinese buffet.

I’ve only been to Italy. The food in general is way better there. But the pizza is better here.

I've heard that Chinese food you find here in the states is nothing like what you get in China, and everything is very Americanized, and completely disconnected from real Chinese food. In China, there are no fortune cookies, and dishes like General Tsong's and orange chicken were created here in the states.

A list of American-Chinese food that isn'''t actually Chinese - Insider

Daughter spent several days in Italy. She says there’s a lot less pasta; with lots more vegetables - especially potatoes - at nearly every meal. Also more seafood than you might think.