Joker - 2019 film from Warner Brothers

I went and saw it last night. It's a fantastic movie. It is also deeply, deeply unsettling.

I basically feel the same way. When the group I was with was walking out of the theater we all uttered the same sentiment that the movie was very well done and Joaquin Phoenix is going to undoubtably win an Oscar for his performance. The move is also extremely disturbing.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I basically feel the same way. When the group I was with was walking out of the theater we all uttered the same sentiment that the movie was very well done and Joaquin Phoenix is going to undoubtably win an Oscar for his performance. The move is also extremely disturbing.

My buddy kinda said the same. Said it just left you with a feeling, similar to episodes of Sons of Anarchy or Breaking Bad. Just a feeling of almost stress because of how messed up what you just watched was. I will watch it at some point but not sure it'll be in theater.

Definitely worth seeing in the theater. I don't think I would have reacted the same just watching at home.

First half or 2/3 was just totally depressing, to the point of being uncomfortable.

The last part of the movie was pretty crazy and disturbing as has been mentioned already.

Phoenix was excellent and should get consideration for an Oscar.

Even though the film was really really good I didn't walk out of the theater thinking I can't wait to see it again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just watched this tonight, I’m surprised that I didn’t watch sooner. I liked what was done with the movie and thought that Phoenix played the role amazingly. It was definitely dark and placed a very strong emphasis on mental health. I really liked the ending.

• 1 month later...

Saw it over the weekend. It was pretty good.

Joaquin Phoenix was outstanding but was working with what I thought was a pretty limited script.

But it was the music I remember. Definitely the best combination of selected popular music with original composition I've heard in a while. Maybe the two best scores I've heard this year were somehow done by the same woman: Hildur Gudthnadottir. She also did the music for HBO's Chernobyl series.

Saw it over the weekend. It was pretty good.

Joaquin Phoenix was outstanding but was working with what I thought was a pretty limited script.

But it was the music I remember. Definitely the best combination of selected popular music with original composition I've heard in a while. Maybe the two best scores I've heard this year were somehow done by the same woman: Hildur Gudthnadottir. She also did the music for HBO's Chernobyl series.

Did you have to google Hildur’s last name, lol. Whew! How in the world is that pronounced and what’s her nationality?

By the way, Joker received quite a few Oscar nominations this morning.

Did you have to google Hildur’s last name, lol. Whew! How in the world is that pronounced and what’s her nationality?

Lol. She's Icelandic, I'm pretty sure. They're pretty much the last ones to still use the old Nordic "-son" and "-dottir" naming conventions.

And that "dth" in there is only because I couldn't figure out how to make an eth with my keyboard. But now I've found it.

Guðnadóttir.

Saw this over the weekend and enjoyed it. I wish I would have went and saw it in theater. It was really well done. His laugh creeps me out. I will be interested to see where they take the potential sequel.

I don't think there are any plans for a sequel.

That's really interesting and I'm glad that you mentioned that. I swear on Saturday night while I was watching the movie, for some reason at times it was reminding me of Chernobyl and I couldn't figure out why. That must have been it.