Kelly Bryant not getting a NC ring

CincySportsFan

Thoughts?

Dabo Swinney on Kelly Bryant's No Ring: 'Gotta Be on the Team to Get a Ring'

"Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said Wednesday that the reason former quarterback Kelly Bryant didn't get a national championship ring was because he was no longer part of the Tigers team."

Kelly started the first four games of the season, and the Tigers went undefeated during that time. You can say what you want about how Trevor Lawrence would've done the same thing, and maybe they would've won by even more. But, what you can't say...with 100% certainty...is that there wouldn't have been a chance that Lawrence couldn't have gotten injured in any of those four games, and maybe not have been able to play in the NC game in the first place, let alone win it. You just can't do it. The only thing that is 100% certain, is what actually happened. And for that, I think Dabo is being petty here.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bet Kelly wouldn't want to memorialize his desertion of teammates in the trenches with a token ring. Just curious as to why this whole thing became public. Dabo making the right decision on the ring, but unable to keep that decision private? Not what I would have expected from normally a classy guy.

Bet Kelly wouldn't want to memorialize his desertion of teammates in the trenches with a token ring. Just curious as to why this whole thing became public. Dabo making the right decision on the ring, but unable to keep that decision private? Not what I would have expected from normally a classy guy.

Who's to say Dabo made it public, I think he was asked point blank about it. If so reporter already knew about it and was trying to get his response.

Who's to say Dabo made it public, I think he was asked point blank about it. If so reporter already knew about it and was trying to get his response.

I thought the reporter was fishing and Dabo jumped on the hook. College coaches are usually trained in managing/dodging the media's awkward questions.

I thought the reporter was fishing and Dabo jumped on the hook. College coaches are usually trained in managing/dodging the media's awkward questions.

I think answering is better than lying about it once he was asked. Telling the truth IS the classy move in my opinion, much better than trying to cover it up or lying which seems to be the norm now days.

Dabo comes off as extremely petty in this situation. I could care less about Bryant getting a ring. Slowly but surely though Dabos schtick is going to wear thin on people. The Clemson hate is going to start happening and it will be interesting to see how Dabos character changes once Clemson goes from being that lovable program that is knocking off Bama to being the top dog that everyone tries to bring down.

Dabo comes off as extremely petty in this situation. I could care less about Bryant getting a ring. Slowly but surely though Dabos schtick is going to wear thin on people. The Clemson hate is going to start happening and it will be interesting to see how Dabos character changes once Clemson goes from being that lovable program that is knocking off Bama to being the top dog that everyone tries to bring down.

What do you think is his schtick?

What do you think is his schtick?

The guy is pure schtick. He speaks mostly in cliches and religious parables and people eat it up. He's done a fabulous job at Clemson, and he's a obviously a great coach and recruiter. I just don't find him to be genuine.

I think answering is better than lying about it once he was asked. Telling the truth IS the classy move in my opinion, much better than trying to cover it up or lying which seems to be the norm now days.

Not lying to simply say that is a private matter, not for public consumption.

The guy is pure schtick. He speaks mostly in cliches and religious parables and people eat it up. He's done a fabulous job at Clemson, and he's a obviously a great coach and recruiter. I just don't find him to be genuine.

So you don't think that's who he is. All coaches speak in cliches to some extent. I've read or seen enough stories about him away from just what he does as a coach I think he is pretty genuine.

I think most that don't like him probably root for teams he's beaten. I have no love for Clemson at all, but I think he sincerely is a good dude.