Kelly Bryant not getting a NC ring

CincySportsFan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you don't think that's who he is. All coaches speak in cliches to some extent. I've read or seen enough stories about him away from just what he does as a coach I think he is pretty genuine.

I think most that don't like him probably root for teams he's beaten. I have no love for Clemson at all, but I think he sincerely is a good dude.

You could be right, and I admit I could be way off base. I don't have a team I truly root for in college football, simply because there were no major college programs where I grew up, so I really don't care who he beats. To me, there's just something about him that feels really contrived like he's overplaying the image he's trying to project, almost to the point that he's a caricature. Again, I'm sure I'm in the minority and could be completely wrong. But there's just something off about him, that I can't put my finger on, that makes me feel like that he's more show than actual truth.

So you don't think that's who he is. All coaches speak in cliches to some extent. I've read or seen enough stories about him away from just what he does as a coach I think he is pretty genuine.

I think most that don't like him probably root for teams he's beaten. I have no love for Clemson at all, but I think he sincerely is a good dude.

I think I would have as good as a reason for disliking Dabo as anybody here. I don’t dislike him, but I definitely get the phony vibes from him... It obviously works, so I see no reason not to continue.

You can be a good dude and still come across as a used car salesman. I just don’t think it’s going to last once Clemson becomes the, “it” , team in college football. Mostly since Dabo has been there people have rooted for Clemson. It started with Clemson taking over for FSU as the top program in the ACC. Then they knocked off Ohio State 31-0, now they’ve dethroned Alabama twice. Clemson has been the giant killer. Characters and attitudes tend to change when the hunter becomes the hunted. The media is going to start asking Dabo the same type of loaded questions that they’ve been asking Saban and Meyer all these years. When you’re at the top, people do everything they can to bring you down. Dabos righteousness won’t suffice.

You could be right, and I admit I could be way off base. I don't have a team I truly root for in college football, simply because there were no major college programs where I grew up, so I really don't care who he beats. To me, there's just something about him that feels really contrived like he's overplaying the image he's trying to project, almost to the point that he's a caricature. Again, I'm sure I'm in the minority and could be completely wrong. But there's just something off about him, that I can't put my finger on, that makes me feel like that he's more show than actual truth.

Hashtag Go Blue Hens.

I'll be the contrarian.

If I was Clemson's AD, Kelly Bryant, the QB of my first four games, would have 100% received a ring. Transfer / bail on his teammates or not. Does he deserve it? Who knows, who cares. Clemson should have taken the high road and given him one, and what he does with it is on him and reflective of him. Believe me, they are going to issue rings to 50+ people that had NOTHING to do with them winning games, Kelly Bryant getting one for going 4-0 last year, would have been the most deserving of the lot.

Edited by The Double Deuce