4A Championship: Ryle vs. Trinity

SHAMROCK69

Who wins the 4A state title?  

300 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 4A state title?

I agree with part 1, not with part 2. You have to keep in mind that we are very, VERY balanced....if Ryle sells out against the pass we will succeed in running the ball. How is Ryle in the special teams...like kickoffs, FG's, punts, etc...

Very good special teams all around, but their defense is very balanced at stopping the run and the pass. They are FAST.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with the defensive part. I don't think the Raiders can hold T to that low of a score. They are just too good offensively. I love our D, but this offense is unlike any other in the state. Remember the gameplan the BC used against us? Run/mix in pass out of the spread? Picture that, but about 10 times better. If Ryle can manage to hold the score down as low as you predicted, I think they'll have a fantastic shot to win a state championship. However, myself personally, I haven't seen anything in the previous games with T to make me think that we'll "shut down" Petrino and Co. I think we, Ryle, need to score in the mid 30's to 40's to win, AND control the clock by running the football.

This post is exactly what I think...

Your right...we play pee wee teams in NKY.

That's why NKY has 3 teams in the finals.

Keep thinking the way you do, and please pass your thoughts on to your players.

You're kidding yourself if you're thinking the 3 teams in NKY can play with the Big III in Louisville.

Trinity's o-line is great. They open up holes all over the place. Secret service type. The d-line is pretty good at pash rushing, but in the box, Trinity is great at stopping the run. Petrino has a knack for separating recievers from the ball with quick feet and hard hits. The corners are suspect against prime time recievers, but ryle has none of those, or at least not comparable to Minnifield, Jeter. I got to see ryle play against Dunbar earlier this year. Saw Trinity play friday night. Trinity will suprise many of the ryle posters with their speed and balance. I thought that HC was a faster team, but the route running at T is borderline incredible. If ryle has a weakness in the secondary, it's on film and Cov will expose it. When I saw ryle play at Dunbar, I really didn't think they would make it this far. Congrats on them for getting better, but I'm with the rocks in a blowout.

Any reason why you can find a cap T for trinity and a cap D for dunbar but you can't find a cap R for RYLE ? I surely hope it's that no respect thing.

Do you know that for sure? I spoke to the superintendent last night and he indicated that school would be on regular schedule Thursday and Friday. He did hint that anyone missing school Friday would be excused.

I spoke with some reliable sources and they said it was announced that there would be no school thurs so they could all make the trip. Otherwise half the school would be out

Trinity's wide out's run the routs very very well many times the bell is in the air before the wide out makes a cut to the ball, because of this Ryle will not be able to stop the passing game, Minefield(sp) and Beaumont could not so.....

You guys play with a bell down there? I knew we were way behind the times hear in NKY, we still use a ball in NKY. LOL

Your right...we play pee wee teams in NKY.

That's why NKY has 3 teams in the finals.

Keep thinking the way you do, and please pass your thoughts on to your players.

I am comparing Ryle to Trinity...that's all, you haven't played any of the teams that we have payed, and vice versa, no more, no less. Check with other NKY people, I am not a braggadocious Trinity poster, just looking for all of the insight.

Trinity's wide out's run the routs very very well many times the bell is in the air before the wide out makes a cut to the ball, because of this Ryle will not be able to stop the passing game, Minefield(sp) and Beaumont could not so.....

Ryle's secondary isn't spectacular, but Gray, Aquaviva, and Morgan are a lot more solid than people are giving them credit for. To be honest, I think Trinity is going to have to beat Ryle by passing on them. Ryle's run D is solid. Murray and the whole D fly to the ball every play.

My only concern? Trinity's speed. Ryle is fast and athletic, but I dont know if they have really seen team speed like T's yet?

I am comparing Ryle to Trinity...that's all, you haven't played any of the teams that we have payed, and vice versa, no more, no less. Check with other NKY people, I am not a braggadocious Trinity poster, just looking for all of the insight.

:thumb: Much appreciated RP.

How about we break down each team's strengths and weaknesses (without being a homer), then compare notes to come up w/ an educated prediction rather than saying T or Ryle will win simply because they're better and have more pride/tradition/ etc.

Ryle's strengths:

Offense: RB- Murray and Gray (enough said)- Both are speedy backs with Murray being the bigger one who can either out run you or lay the wood on anyone in their way.

Qb- Benke- Solid high school qb butmakes bad mistakes at times. Throws a decent ball and can roll out of the pocket, BUT advantage Trinity.

O-line- very big and strong and fundamentally sound. Don't make many mistakes and probably the heart and soul of the Raider O. IMO this is where the game will be made. Ryle's offense goes as far as their o line takes them.

Receivers- Luster, Morgan, Gray- Again all 3 are big and solid and playmakers. Luster being the biggest (6'2) imo is the key to Ryle's passing game. Get him the ball in open space and allow him to use his size and athletic ability. Same w/ Gray. Use him out of the backfieild on waggle passes and screens.

Now defensively...

D-line- Solid up front w/ Pridgett (sp?) and very physical at times. All have a knack for getting to the ball.

LB- Murray, Lasita- Murray IMO is one of the best in the state. Gets to the ball every time and will lay you out. Lasita is solid but IMO not above average.

Secondary- Gray, Morgan, Aquaviva- Gray is a solid safety and can come up to stop the run. Morgan and Aquaviva are both a little undersized (5'8, 5'9) but both are athletic enough to make up for that. Can play lock down cover defense or just flat out lay a hit on you.

Weaknesses-

Offense- passing game. Ryle hasn't had to pass much this year because they're normally up big so it will be interesting to see how they react to MAYBE having to play from behind and pass the ball b/c that's not what their offense is built for.

Defense- Not too sure about their weakness b/c IMO their defense is all around pretty solid. Can stop the run w/ no problems but also cover the pass. Only thing that worries me is their secondary and T's speed.

Special Teams- One of the best kickers in the state. Trinity will be starting from their own 20 more often than not. IMO this could be the game breaker. (Field position)

A little long, but would love to hear the same insight on Trinity and anything else that could be added for Ryle (without being a homer).

I'd like to know 'Ru's take on this...he has seen these two up close and personal numerous times....I do know that he thinks that we have improved by leaps and bounds since Nick's groin got us beat against MBA....with that I think Nick needs to stay healthy in this game for us...

My synopsis will come later.