SHAMROCK69

Who wins the 4A state title?  

300 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 4A state title?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey PEPROCK...do you only watch the game when Trinity has the ball??

I must say that I am somewhat vexed by the direction of your inquiry.

Yes I watch the game when our defense is on the field. However I know offense better than I know defense. The purpose of your question eludes me good sir. Is it your implication that I am not a true Trinity fan? Being willing to admit one's failings and shortcomings is an admirable trait. I will be more than willing to admit that I do not know defense nearly as well as I do offense hence my passing it on to someone more qualified to offer a proper response. Concordantly if you feel the need to be more confrontational(i.e. posting my entire name in all CAPS), I would advise taking it to a PM. However that could be as simple a misunderstanding as questioning me on this matter. If so then I do indeed apologize for the nature of my riposte.

I would really like to see Ryle win since im from NKY, but personally I think Trinity is way to good of a team. Ryle has not played anyone of this type of caliber. Also not playing on turf in awhile, and playing in front of a crowd like they are going to will be a huge distraction.

Our O-line is tough and speedy. They are not big boys (compared to some years) but they block well for both the run and the pass, especially considering we have a 5'9 (at best) QB.

Our D-line I really couldn't give you a fair assessment on, I'll leave that to someone else.

Trinity's o-line is great. They open up holes all over the place. Secret service type. The d-line is pretty good at pash rushing, but in the box, Trinity is great at stopping the run. Petrino has a knack for separating recievers from the ball with quick feet and hard hits. The corners are suspect against prime time recievers, but ryle has none of those, or at least not comparable to Minnifield, Jeter. I got to see ryle play against Dunbar earlier this year. Saw Trinity play friday night. Trinity will suprise many of the ryle posters with their speed and balance. I thought that HC was a faster team, but the route running at T is borderline incredible. If ryle has a weakness in the secondary, it's on film and Cov will expose it. When I saw ryle play at Dunbar, I really didn't think they would make it this far. Congrats on them for getting better, but I'm with the rocks in a blowout.

In all seriousness...Campbell was the best passing team that the Raiders faced and they got 7 in the first game and 10 in the second game, and the TD in the second game was a catch by Griffin that 99% of high school players that I have seen would not make.

So in reality, they got 1 TD, so I don't see where people think Ryle's pass D is weak.

The best D we played was probably Campbell, only giving up 210 points, 5 more then Trinity. We put 34 and 26 on the board for an average of 30 pts on a team that allowed an average of 16.

The Ryle D only gave up 190 points all year, 13 pt ave. Trinity averages 42 points a game but against the best D in 4A, they may get half of that. Ryle averages 30 per game, so in my estimation...if Ryle scores more then 22 points, they win the state.

There aren't any real comparisons to judge by in your post. They have not played any like opponents.

In all seriousness LSU, you know I'm as fair as fair can be, but you and the Rock fans have been a little harsh on my Raider faithful. Which is fine, some of it is probably deserved. But IF Ryle were to pull of an upset win, or even play a competitive game with the Rocks(as many have predicted won't happen), I'd go into hiding if I were you. Definately, I wouldn't go home.........the dumptrucks delivring your crow would probably keep you from getting in the door. :lol: Here's hoping you have to eat your words!

Very funny post.....

I do believe that some of our supporters are being a bit over zealous. But, we have played some great athletes four weeks in a row. I still also think that this Trinity team is playing with a chip on it's shoulder, they really didn't garner as much attention as a reigning 4A champ normally does, then they got snubbed in the all district teams (not a shocker), and now they want to finish out one of the most special two year runs in our school's history. That said, it will not be a cake walk. It never is, Ryle will be UBER pumped up. I would like for us to get the ball first, and get them down 7, then we can get in our defense and go to work. We'll have to see, here's to another focused week at work.

They aren't going to score 59 again and will have trouble scoring 20 IMO.

I agree with part 1, not with part 2. You have to keep in mind that we are very, VERY balanced....if Ryle sells out against the pass we will succeed in running the ball. How is Ryle in the special teams...like kickoffs, FG's, punts, etc...