4A Championship: Ryle vs. Trinity

SHAMROCK69

Who wins the 4A state title?  

300 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 4A state title?

This will be a blowout. I wouldn't pay to watch this game. :lol: Trinity will win big.

I question your opinion because you said that Henderson would beat Ryle simply because they were better than Ryle. You obviously have not seen Ryle play. Ryle is FAR superior to Henderson - not even close. This will be a very good game between two very good teams to the surprise of most people outside of Union.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes vince and Scott both started that game thier freshamn year, and they were both startes the following year when Trinity beat Ryle 49-0 at Trinity and i kno therewere about 8-10 other sophmores that played much of that game as well, so they have somthing to prove. Let's be honest, the Ryle players and coaches know what they have to compete with, the best, but why would you want it any other way in the championship game, i know i wouldnt want to play a team that dosnt deserve to be there, to be the best you have to beat the best, and i think Ryle is up to the task.

along with two freshman

I have not seen Ryle play this year but have followed them very closely. I have been picking them to be the runner-up in the 4A title game at Papa John's all year long. My opinion has not changed. I pick the Rocks by 28 as they take the state title lead with 17 away from Highlands.

Good LUCK rocks..............OUCH that hurts!

I disagree with the defensive part. I don't think the Raiders can hold T to that low of a score. They are just too good offensively. I love our D, but this offense is unlike any other in the state. Remember the gameplan the BC used against us? Run/mix in pass out of the spread? Picture that, but about 10 times better. If Ryle can manage to hold the score down as low as you predicted, I think they'll have a fantastic shot to win a state championship. However, myself personally, I haven't seen anything in the previous games with T to make me think that we'll "shut down" Petrino and Co. I think we, Ryle, need to score in the mid 30's to 40's to win, AND control the clock by running the football.

I didn't predict a score, but I think Ryle will have to hold Trinity to less than 30 to win the game. They also need key plays on defense. Some INT's or big sacks. Ryle will need to play their best game of the year to compete, but if they do play their best I think they can compete. I don't expect a five touchdown win and I think the final will be less than 17 points. If Ryle wins it will be by less than 7.

I didn't predict a score, but I think Ryle will have to hold Trinity to less than 30 to win the game. They also need key plays on defense. Some INT's or big sacks. Ryle will need to play their best game of the year to compete, but if they do play their best I think they can compete. I don't expect a five touchdown win and I think the final will be less than 17 points. If Ryle wins it will be by less than 7.

Sounds about right. I don't think its unfair to say that for Ryle to win the Rocks must help them a little.

Our O-line is tough and speedy. They are not big boys (compared to some years) but they block well for both the run and the pass, especially considering we have a 5'9 (at best) QB.

Our D-line I really couldn't give you a fair assessment on, I'll leave that to someone else.

Hey PEPROCK...do you only watch the game when Trinity has the ball??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I know some guys on Ryle's staff....man, they have a ton of work to do in a short week.

Not to sound too much like Rod Serling but... Imagine if you will a time where a heavy favorite in the title game loses a QB to injury early and falls in the state final. It's cold, snowy and hard to throw. Is it 2005 or 2006?

T, my head says you by 17 and Phillips is the MVP....but in a one game where Ryle controls the ball and runs right at Weitlauf replacement...???

Okay T by 14.

That's a HUGE statement in bold. But not being from NKY I don't know is it true? I'd like to hear some comments from 'Ru or someone non-Ryle on that comment. If it's true - which it could be I don't know - then we will have a good football game Thursday night.

I don't know if this Ryle team is as good as the Dixie team that beat Trinity or the one that played them tough the year before. Ryle is good, but Trinity will try to take away the run and make Benke beat them. He is a solid hs qb, but I don't know if the Ryle passing game will be enough to win them this game.

Not to sound too much like Rod Serling but... Imagine if you will a time where a heavy favorite in the title game loses a QB to injury early and falls in the state final. It's cold, snowy and hard to throw. Is it 2005 or 2006?

T, my head says you by 17 and Phillips is the MVP....but in a one game where Ryle controls the ball and runs right at Weitlauf replacement...???

Okay T by 14.

No offense, but its bad form to predict injuries. FYI, your QB played well into the third quarter. Also, if they plan on running at Jordan Whiting all night they had better pack a lunch.