SHAMROCK69

Who wins the 4A state title?  

300 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 4A state title?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. What are T's lines like? All I ever hear about it how good the skill players are and how fast they are. (Which i stated as a concern for Ryle)

Our O-line is tough and speedy. They are not big boys (compared to some years) but they block well for both the run and the pass, especially considering we have a 5'9 (at best) QB.

Our D-line I really couldn't give you a fair assessment on, I'll leave that to someone else.

Our O-line is tough and speedy. They are not big boys (compared to some years) but they block well for both the run and the pass, especially considering we have a 5'9 (at best) QB.

Our D-line I really couldn't give you a fair assessment on, I'll leave that to someone else.

I know Ryle's strengths are their lines. O line and D line are both pretty big (not height wise) and their backs are big. Murray will punish you and grey can either run you over or out run you.

IMO Ryle's only weakness might be their pass defense which could benefit T considering Petrino is one of the best qb's in the state.

What is going on here? Am I reading this thead right? Is RYLE playing Trinity for the State title???

:laugh:

GO RYLE!! I mean, my God, would there be a bigger upset in the history of 4A football?? I can't believe this. I know I am an Ohioan and I know you folks in KY have monkeyed :banana: around with your bracketing and such but how in the world did this happen?

I live 10 minutes from Ryle and would LOVE to see them put up a fight in a contest for the ages....but it's not going to happen folks. It just isn't. This is TRINITY we are talking about folks. Not Boone Cty away or a tough Glen Este team....TRINITY HIGH SCHOOL! Winners of 16 State Titles! They eat teams like Ryle for breakfast....don't they?? :eek:

God speed Raiders...you'll need as much as you can get in this one.

Rocks by 4+ TD's. Over by half. Maybe you folks ought to think about going to back to the way it was before THIS happened! :creepy:

-CardinalsFan

I'll be standing there clapping when a NKY 4A team shows me something... it's been a long time, so I hope everyone can understand our skepticism down here in Louisville. I'm sure Ryle has a great football team; Trinity has already seen great football teams this season. The Rocks haven't lost to anyone from Kentucky yet this year and have seen the best that 4A has to offer. I can't predict the score just yet, but Trinity will win this one.

I'll be standing there clapping when a NKY 4A team shows me something... it's been a long time
In honor of Sandman32, I'll say it. Remember Dixie Heights just a few years ago? They might not have won the title...but neither did the Rocks. I'll give the nod to Trinity, but any given time and place you never know. The Rocks can concentrate on stopping Vince Murray but Scotty Gray is there too and their passing game can expose a run defense. It should be a good game IMO. Best of luck to both teams! :ylsuper:

What is your point?

What was the point of that poster? Please recognize the sarcasm for what it is, I know the populace of BGP can catch on better than this.

The indication of that post, I am inferring, was that the the cold, rain, and snow- is an advantage for Ryle. I was merely attempting to clarify on the cryptic comment, one with slight grammatical errors I might add. By making such a blanket statement with so little details to support one's point, it is left open for interpretation by the inquiring mind.

Our local PepRock being just such an inquiring mind was curious as to what the exact meaning of the aforementiond comment was. Again, in making a comment such as is seen above, there is a brief throwing of a gauntlet if you will in saying bring on the cold... and so on. In doing so this poster summed up his point by indicating it would be advantage Ryle, now I can only assume that he meant that: By playing in certain less than ideal conditions, such as cold, rain and snow, Ryle would seem to have the advantage in this contest from the outset.

My inquiry was merely wanting to clarify why it would indeed be advantage Ryle, as he so eloquently stated. The purpose why I propose such a query is that Trinity, being geographically near Ryle (less than two hours) is in the same Humid-Subtropical climate zone in North America. The difference in weather between the various areas in this climate zone are slight at best, especially when both border the same river with a rather short distance between. The rationale within this argument is that the Ryle Raiders are no more accustomed to the cold, rain and snow than the Trinity Shamrocks. One could also assume that a changing in the consistency of the playing surface would give one team a considerable advantage over the other. In some instances that could indeed be the case; here however it would not. Papa John's Cardinal Stadium has an artificial surface that will not be damaged during the game on account of the "wear and tear" of the games, as such it will not turn into a vast advantage for one team over the other.

To translate: "The big strong boys will slide just as well as the small quick ones on turf."

I certainly hope that I answered your question in as concise a manner as possible.

we must pray for the cooperation of all the forces of nature just to take the same field as the allmighty!

Well if the almighty shows up, then it is clear that we not only need to capitalize our first letters in sentences but we might as well pack it up. Not even the Kentucky All-Star team could hang with the almighty in a game of football, let alone anything else.

In honor of Sandman32, I'll say it. Remember Dixie Heights just a few years ago? They might not have won the title...but neither did the Rocks. I'll give the nod to Trinity, but any given time and place you never know. The Rocks can concentrate on stopping Vince Murray but Scotty Gray is there too and their passing game can expose a run defense. It should be a good game IMO. Best of luck to both teams! :ylsuper:

Dixie earned the respect of the Rocks, no doubt about that. :thumb:

I find it funny that the T fans get on Raider fans for having faith in their team. Swith shoes... would you go into the game thinking "Oh my this is Trinity we stand no chance"? Trinity is certainly the favorite, and rightfully so, but I don't see this game being a blow out at all.

fballstud clear your private messages please

I find it funny that the T fans get on Raider fans for having faith in their team. Swith shoes... would you go into the game thinking "Oh my this is Trinity we stand no chance"? Trinity is certainly the favorite, and rightfully so, but I don't see this game being a blow out at all.

Nor do I. I think this will be an excellent contest between two good teams. :thumb:

I am just having a bit of fun. :D