4A Championship: Ryle vs. Trinity

SHAMROCK69

Who wins the 4A state title?  

300 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 4A state title?

Look at my Ryle playoff predictions...been righ on every time.

Since all your playoff predictions so far this season have been right on so far you think that Ryle will defeat the Shamrocks by 21? Even though you said 14 earlier? Care to amend it and make it a total blowout by the Raiders?

Clearly however I must bow to you on this. After all, you have been right so far, which means that you always will be correct.

Too bad, I was so hoping that my poor Shamrocks would have a chance to win title #17. :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is Trinity's kicking game like? I think a slight advantage Ryle might have is making T start from their 20 EVERY time. Uminger is one of the best in the state. The kid puts it in the end zone whenever he wants.

Trinity's kicker has commited to the Cats with a full ride. He is pretty good.

Since all your playoff predictions so far this season have been right on so far you think that Ryle will defeat the Shamrocks by 21? Even though you said 14 earlier? Care to amend it and make it a total blowout by the Raiders?

Clearly however I must bow to you on this. After all, you have been right so far, which means that you always will be correct.

Too bad, I was so hoping that my poor Shamrocks would have a chance to win title #17. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well, I was thinking 14 at first, until I realized I forgot to factor in the Trinity confidence factor, so I figure over confidence is good for at least a TD.

I suggest you take some of your own advice. I realize that boards like this are for fans to argue, you should realize that as well. I'm sorry if some fan from Ryle picking them to win by 14 or 21 doesn't seem inflammatory to you. It does to me. I've listened to this same tune every year. You want respect, earn it. Until then, I'll continue to doubt. Just being honest.

We all know Ryle won't beat Trinity by 14 or 21. Face it there aren't many teams in the tri state area, let alone ky that could accomplish that feat. But why all of a sudden someone from Ryle picking that score fires you up but when people from X and Male were, it wasn't that big of a deal? Because they are one of "the big 3" ?!?!?

Everyone knows, including myself that Trinity is the obvious favorite and is most likely going to win this game. So why care about one or 2 people picking that score? Just sit back and laugh rather than putting the other team down while objecting it.

Well, I was thinking 14 at first, until I realized I forgot to factor in the Trinity confidence factor, so I figure over confidence is good for at least a TD.

Here is the thing, overconfidence from a fan really won't affect the play of our team.

Trinity's current staff knows a thing or two about overconfidence.

2003 0-4 to start the season

2004 Loss at HOME to Dixie Heights

I think it is safe to say they have learned their lesson. Even if we the fans are a little more hard headed. :bunny:

We all know Ryle won't beat Trinity by 14 or 21. Face it there aren't many teams in the tri state area, let alone ky that could accomplish that feat. But why all of a sudden someone from Ryle picking that score fires you up but when people from X and Male were, it wasn't that big of a deal? Because they are one of "the big 3" ?!?!?

Actually yes, that would have alot to do with it. It has been since 1996 that someone who wasn't a member of the Big 3 won a 4A title. Rarely do any teams defeat the Rocks, Tigers or Bulldogs by 14-21 points; however those rare times in which it occurs it is usually by one of those three.

Here is the thing, overconfidence from a fan really won't affect the play of our team.

Trinity's current staff knows a thing or two about overconfidence.

2003 0-4 to start the season

2004 Loss at HOME to Dixie Heights

I think it is safe to say they have learned their lesson. Even if we the fans are a little more hard headed. :bunny:

Obivously the coaches aren't over looking anyone because I was sitting behind a few Trinity scouts/coaches tonight and listening to their conversations and all were very impressed w/ Ryle especially Murray and Grey. Even heard one of them saying they were a little worried about "keying on one of the two because both are such good backs." Ryle undoubtedly has a legit chance at winning this game but its going to take a stellar performance like tonight.

I was sitting behind s afew Trinity scouts/coaches tonight and lsitening to their conversations and all were very impressed w/ Ryle especially Murray and Grey. Even heard one of them saying they were a little worried about "keying on one of the two because both are such good backs." Ryle undoubtedly has a legit chance at winning this game but its going to take a stellar performance like tonight.

Fair enough. :thumb:

Everyone knows, including myself that Trinity is the obvious favorite and is most likely going to win this game. So why care about one or 2 people picking that score? Just sit back and laugh rather than putting the other team down while objecting it.

Well if I just sat back and laughed, this would be much of a board would it? I certainly wouldn't pay an annual fee to just sit back and laugh. I'm a fan, its what fans do.

At the same time I haven't heard much about Ryle's kicker. Not that it means anything, kicker's don't get quite the press that the QBs and RBs for these teams do. :thumb:

True. What are T's lines like? All I ever hear about it how good the skill players are and how fast they are. (Which i stated as a concern for Ryle)