4A Championship: Ryle vs. Trinity

SHAMROCK69

Who wins the 4A state title?  

300 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 4A state title?

Yeah, I think the last time these teams played Trinity out-physicaled your squad 49-zip. I guess we are in for another week of how the Rocks will get a lesson in "smash-mouth physical football". Sorry guys, I'm not buying. St.X was pretty darn physical last season and the Rocks managed to win. Male was pretty physical this season, ditto.

First off, I have no dog in this fight. I have no ties w/ Ryle. Secondly, this year's Ryle team is completely different and way better than the past teams. And where did I ever post that 'the Rocks will get a lesson in smash mouth football." ? All i said was this was going to be a game of Ryle's physical style vs Trinity's finesse. If anything I'm complimenting T because I KNOW they are very fundamentally sound and dont make too many mistakes...so before you go ASSUMING (which you know how that's broken down, make an A$$-U-ME) make sure you know what I mean. Thanks.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Ryle just never "wanted it" in years past? Who has Ryle played this season that is even close to Trinity?

No one rooting, or playing for Ryle cares who've we played this year. We play Trinity next Thursday and that's all were focused on now! Don't hate because were super excited for our first State Championship expierence as a school, and our team is playing outstanding football. The game has to be played still so we'll see how things pan out.

And to answer your question I guess Ryle just never ''wanted it'' in the years past?

I think that's pretty simple. Our WHOLE team believes this year, and it's clearly showing. We believe and that's all that matters!

No one rooting, or playing for Ryle cares who've we played this year. We play Trinity next Thursday and that's all were focused on now! Don't hate because were super excited for our first State Championship expierence as a school, and our team is playing outstanding football. The game has to be played still so we'll see how things pan out.

And to answer your question I guess Ryle just never ''wanted it'' in the years past?

I think that's pretty simple. Our WHOLE team believes this year, and it's clearly showing. We believe and that's all that matters!

Ditto :thumb: Sounds like a few T fans are kind of scared because a new kid is on the block.

Both squads have done something right to get to this point so how about EVERYONE show a little class. (not directed to you Pretty Boy)

Glen Este is probably about the same level as Trinity. Ryle played them early in the season.

28-7 Glen Este

34-22 Boone County

Those are two interesting scores....Ryle has not been away from home since 10-13-2006...and have never played in the Box...I would imagine that there could be a bit of the deer in the headlights...

1999 - 32-26

2000 - 35-3

2002 - 48-9

2004 - 49-0

6 personal fouls in last 5 min. when you're leading by 5 TD's?

Kicking a field goal from the opponents 12 up 5TD's with under 4 min. to play?

Nice.

One last thing on this. Why did Henderson play their starters the entire game. Ryle went with the second team pretty early but Henderson wouldn't have anything to do with it. Ryle probably should have run the score up. I give our coaching staff a lot of credit for not making it worse than it was.

Ditto :thumb: Sounds like a few T fans are kind of scared because a new kid is on the block.

Both squads have done something right to get to this point so how about EVERYONE show a little class. (not directed to you Pretty Boy)

Lets be honest, do you really believe that Trinity is "scared" of Ryle? Face it, if the KHSAA hadn't reconfigured the playoffs in your favor (a fact noted in a thread on that subject on this board earlier this year) you would most likely have been eliminated already. Class? take your own advice.

28-7 Glen Este

34-22 Boone County

Those are two interesting scores....Ryle has not been away from home since 10-13-2006...and have never played in the Box...I would imagine that there could be a bit of the deer in the headlights...

1999 - 32-26

2000 - 35-3

2002 - 48-9

2004 - 49-0

I dont care about those two games, Este was the first game of the year starting QB out, and there's a major drop off between #1 and #2 at that spot, and the other was a loss an away loss to Boone, our biggest rival, and we got down early and NKY and one of the area's best rushers just grinded out a nice win against Ryle.

Our players don't care about those scores, the only player on Ryle that has gotten to play against Trinity was Gray as a freshman. I think the Kicker kicked then too.

We'll be ready to go. I'm not worried. These players are hungry to put there stamp on there amazing season, just as hungry as your school is for #17 I can promise you that.