4A Championship: Ryle vs. Trinity

SHAMROCK69

Who wins the 4A state title?  

300 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 4A state title?

6 personal fouls in last 5 min. when you're leading by 5 TD's?

Kicking a field goal from the opponents 12 up 5TD's with under 4 min. to play?

Nice.

Wouldn't you want your team to still be playing hard up 5 td's? Personal fouls happen, these just happened at the end of a game. A little more than i think a team should have at the end of a game, but atleast their playing hard. And for Ryle I think they should have scored as much as they could have. First time to go to the championship game and your not going to play up to the final whistle? They need the confidence, no one from their school has ever made it this far so why not?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One last thing on this. Why did Henderson play their starters the entire game. Ryle went with the second team pretty early but Henderson wouldn't have anything to do with it. Ryle probably should have run the score up. I give our coaching staff a lot of credit for not making it worse than it was.

I don't think Henderson brought a second team.

Lets be honest, do you really believe that Trinity is "scared" of Ryle? Face it, if the KHSAA hadn't reconfigured the playoffs in your favor (a fact noted in a thread on that subject on this board earlier this year) you would most likely have been eliminated already. Class? take your own advice.

Your arguing with one fan, come on give me a break. There won't be one starter on Ryle's team, or a coach on that coaching staff that isn't going to be preparing all week for the toughest football team/staff they have played or coached against in their entire lives.

28-7 Glen Este

34-22 Boone County

Those are two interesting scores....Ryle has not been away from home since 10-13-2006...and have never played in the Box...I would imagine that there could be a bit of the deer in the headlights...

1999 - 32-26

2000 - 35-3

2002 - 48-9

2004 - 49-0

Keep living in the past...we'll bring what we've got now and we'll try not to be too scared.

Keep living in the past...we'll bring what we've got now and we'll try not to be too scared.

As fans we can get away with it since we don't have to deal with game prep. :D

I have no doubt that both teams and both coaching staffs will be focusing on the game this Thursday and not on previous meetings.

Fans can banter about it all they want and it won't affect the teams one bit.

Lets be honest, do you really believe that Trinity is "scared" of Ryle? Face it, if the KHSAA hadn't reconfigured the playoffs in your favor (a fact noted in a thread on that subject on this board earlier this year) you would most likely have been eliminated already. Class? take your own advice.

Who's to say it wouldn't be the other way around with you all? Bro i have no dog in this fight (for the 10th time) so don't put me in with the othe Ryle fans and let my comments reflect them. All I'm saying is quit putting down Ryle and thinking they aren't any good because you're going to be in for a rude awakening if thats what you think.

Ryle is better than you think, and I have all the respect in the world for Trinity. I've personally played against them and know they are a class act and a GREAT football teams. Maybe you should try to mirror them?! Just show a little more respect to your opponent. Thats all I'm asking. Not one Ryle fan has said anything negative about T.

Raiders by 21

Someone getting a little riled up? I understand getting behind your team, but you must understand where everyone is coming from here. This is meant as no slight to your Raiders. I know they are not the team we have played before nor is this Trinity squad the same as before. Ryle has the respect it has earned thus far by making the title game.

I don't doubt that they are a good team. We'll just need to see next Thursday. Although I do question as to whether you are picking from your heart or your head. Picking Ryle to win by 21 is a bit extreme, I could see one picking a 3-7 point victory but I really don't know how the Raiders could defeat the Rocks by more than that. Please enlighten me as to how that would indeed take place (I am looking for something a little more in depth than "Ryle will score 21 more points than Trinity").

I have no dog in this fight either, but the fact is there is a huge difference in the Big 3 and the rest of 4A. Just accept it.

Henry Clay would beat 95% of the teams in 4A and they got taken to the woodshed tonight by Trinity.

I'd like to see Ryle pull off the upset, but logic tells me Trinity in a big way.

Someone getting a little riled up? I understand getting behind your team, but you must understand where everyone is coming from here. This is meant as no slight to your Raiders. I know they are not the team we have played before nor is this Trinity squad the same as before. Ryle has the respect it has earned thus far by making the title game.

I don't doubt that they are a good team. We'll just need to see next Thursday. Although I do question as to whether you are picking from your heart or your head. Picking Ryle to win by 21 is a bit extreme, I could see one picking a 3-7 point victory but I really don't know how the Raiders could defeat the Rocks by more than that. Please enlighten me as to how that would indeed take place (I am looking for something a little more in depth than "Ryle will score 21 more points than Trinity").

Look at my Ryle playoff predictions...been righ on every time.

Who's to say it wouldn't be the other way around with you all? Bro i have no dog in this fight (for the 10th time) so don't put me in with the othe Ryle fans and let my comments reflect them. All I'm saying is quit putting down Ryle and thinking they aren't any good because you're going to be in for a rude awakening if thats what you think.

Ryle is better than you think, and I have all the respect in the world for Trinity. I've personally played against them and know they are a class act and a GREAT football teams. Maybe you should try to mirror them?! Just show a little more respect to your opponent. Thats all I'm asking. Not one Ryle fan has said anything negative about T.

I suggest you take some of your own advice. I realize that boards like this are for fans to argue, you should realize that as well. I'm sorry if some fan from Ryle picking them to win by 14 or 21 doesn't seem inflammatory to you. It does to me. I've listened to this same tune every year. You want respect, earn it. Until then, I'll continue to doubt. Just being honest.