4A Championship: Ryle vs. Trinity

SHAMROCK69

Who wins the 4A state title?  

300 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 4A state title?

Well, I was thinking 14 at first, until I realized I forgot to factor in the Trinity confidence factor, so I figure over confidence is good for at least a TD.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I know some guys on Ryle's staff....man, they have a ton of work to do in a short week.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Ryle's strengths are their lines. O line and D line are both pretty big (not height wise) and their backs are big. Murray will punish you and grey can either run you over or out run you.

IMO Ryle's only weakness might be their pass defense which could benefit T considering Petrino is one of the best qb's in the state.

These are two things that I actually like in regards to this game....Our weekness seems to be our deep sideline zones. We strive against the power running game.

WE also tend to eat up those with an inferior pass defense. I am not saying that this is certainly going to be the case against Ryle, but it would be a good start.

Lets be honest, do you really believe that Trinity is "scared" of Ryle? Face it, if the KHSAA hadn't reconfigured the playoffs in your favor (a fact noted in a thread on that subject on this board earlier this year) you would most likely have been eliminated already. Class? take your own advice.

Lot of bad blood it seems like in here. Let me try to be the voice of reason a bit. First, for all you Rock fans out there, I can tell you that this team is much better than those teams that you have "taken behind the woodshed" in recent years. Because we can't get kids to come to our school from out of district, etc., our talent is a little more cyclical, and this is definately an "up" year. I know some of the Raider faithful, including myself, are pretty pumped up about tonights win. That being said, there is a HUGE difference between beating Henderson Co. and beating Trinity. Trinity has every right to come in cocky, they've won 16 state championships to our zero. I wouldn't expect them to be scared at all, they've been there, done that. But I promise you this, this team won't back down from anyone. I look for it to be a hard fought game(hopefully snowing with blistering winds:p ) between two very deserving teams. We'll see just how far NKY football has come. Go Raiders!

Ryle had better get off to a fast start or they're most likely done. They are not a team that has an offense designed for a "comeback."

Heckuva year for Ryle coming off the softball state championship and the baseball region finals. Nice run.

Two names I've yet to see mentioned are Josh Morgan and Tyson Acquaviva. Acquaviva was very good against NCC and Morgan was stellar against Griffin from Campbell County. In the games I've called, Ryle has been a very solid pass D..

Not a flame, but has Ryle faced any good passing teams this year? I don't know, just asking.

I'd love to see Ryle win it, but I'm thinking Trinity by 17.

Same here, except I'll take the Shamrocks by 28.

Everyone has been down on NKY 4A for a while, but now that Ryle has a good run they got a shot to knock off T? Look, I know that is why they play the games rather than hand the trophy to T, but this is Louisville 4A we are talking about.

Best of luck to Ryle, believe me, I want you to win for NKY, but Trinity is so well prepared.

I don't know who Ryle's kick returners are but I would advise to put Gray and Murray back there because Trinity will kick to them no matter what. They did that tonight with Minnifield and Jeter from Henry Clay and it was a special team showcase. Trinity must improve in the special teams or they will have problems.

Gray does return kicks.

I,m happy for Ryle and thier fans. Playing in the State Championship Game is a great feeling to have. With that said, I have a number of reason why the ROCKS will win #17. 1.We will not under estimate the Raiders (Coaches will not allow it). 2. Our offensive sets will spread the field for a Petrino feast. 3. For some reason everyone things because we don't have 300 pound linemen, we can't be physical. Wrong!! 4. Speed kills! Well, I could go on, but you get the message. Let's play the game!! GO ROCKS!

Not a flame, but has Ryle faced any good passing teams this year? I don't know, just asking.

They've faced Campbell County twice who is all about the pass. I agree GT... Morgan and Aquaviva need to play big...although Campbell gets a lot of time in the secondary as well. Gray is a very good safety as well. I've seen Ryle four times this year and their D has looked great in 3 of the games.