4A Championship: Ryle vs. Trinity

SHAMROCK69

Who wins the 4A state title?  

300 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 4A state title?

Just keeping track this was last weeks prediction...

Originally Posted by HailToTheChief

Henderson will win this. Simply because they are better.

Originally Posted by HailToTheChief

This will be a blowout. I wouldn't pay to watch this game. Trinity will win big.

Well heck then, Ryle's a lock! Go Raiders!!

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryle doesn't have school Thursday for sure, but not too sure about Friday. Also I think the boys are going down Thursday morning to do walk throughs and do their pre game practice on the turf to get a feeling of it for timing, footing, etc.

Do you know that for sure? I spoke to the superintendent last night and he indicated that school would be on regular schedule Thursday and Friday. He did hint that anyone missing school Friday would be excused.

In all seriousness...Campbell was the best passing team that the Raiders faced and they got 7 in the first game and 10 in the second game, and the TD in the second game was a catch by Griffin that 99% of high school players that I have seen would not make.

So in reality, they got 1 TD, so I don't see where people think Ryle's pass D is weak.

The best D we played was probably Campbell, only giving up 210 points, 5 more then Trinity. We put 34 and 26 on the board for an average of 30 pts on a team that allowed an average of 16.

The Ryle D only gave up 190 points all year, 13 pt ave. Trinity averages 42 points a game but against the best D in 4A, they may get half of that. Ryle averages 30 per game, so in my estimation...if Ryle scores more then 22 points, they win the state.

28-7 Glen Este

34-22 Boone County

Those are two interesting scores....Ryle has not been away from home since 10-13-2006...and have never played in the Box...I would imagine that there could be a bit of the deer in the headlights

Ryle played at the pizza box in 2003 against Seneca when this senior class were freshman, they all dressed for this game and many saw some playing time due to a lopsided score, and also played trinity 2 years ago when they were sophmores and many of them started or contributed heavily, so i wouldn't expect them to have the deer in the headlight look this game, also it is the State Championship, they didn't get here by luck, they earned it and they will be ready come thursday night.

Ryle played at the pizza box in 2003 against Seneca when this senior class were freshman, they all dressed for this game and many saw some playing time due to a lopsided score, and also played trinity 2 years ago when they were sophmores and many of them started or contributed heavily, so i wouldn't expect them to have the deer in the headlight look this game, also it is the State Championship, they didn't get here by luck, they earned it and they will be ready come thursday night.

Great point I for some reason was thinking Gray was the only one to play against Trinity as a frehman, but it was his sophmore year and a lot of these seniors saw action that game.

Vince and Scott both started that game at Cardinal Stadium too, if I remember correctly...

Yes vince and Scott both started that game thier freshamn year, and they were both startes the following year when Trinity beat Ryle 49-0 at Trinity and i kno therewere about 8-10 other sophmores that played much of that game as well, so they have somthing to prove. Let's be honest, the Ryle players and coaches know what they have to compete with, the best, but why would you want it any other way in the championship game, i know i wouldnt want to play a team that dosnt deserve to be there, to be the best you have to beat the best, and i think Ryle is up to the task.

In all seriousness...Campbell was the best passing team that the Raiders faced and they got 7 in the first game and 10 in the second game, and the TD in the second game was a catch by Griffin that 99% of high school players that I have seen would not make.

So in reality, they got 1 TD, so I don't see where people think Ryle's pass D is weak.

The best D we played was probably Campbell, only giving up 210 points, 5 more then Trinity. We put 34 and 26 on the board for an average of 30 pts on a team that allowed an average of 16.

The Ryle D only gave up 190 points all year, 13 pt ave. Trinity averages 42 points a game but against the best D in 4A, they may get half of that. Ryle averages 30 per game, so in my estimation...if Ryle scores more then 22 points, they win the state.

I understand the logic, but it is flawed at best. Trinity has played a bit stiffer competition than Ryle this year. I think if Ryle can hold them to 21 pts they'll definately have a great shot. Considering noone has done that this year, I don't think it will happen though. I'd love to see it, but I don't think it will happen. Trinity has two wideouts who are both better than Griffin(they are twins), and a QB that kind of reminds me of O'Toole from a couple years ago. Athletically, we haven't seen this kind of talent all year. It will take Ryle's best effort of the season to beat the Rocks at the Pizza Box. Here's hoping that happens! :ylsuper:

I got sick of reading the "Ryle is no Big III" and "Ryle by 21" because that's all garbage. This is the best 4A team from Northern KY since Boone 94'. That team didn't pass at all period and this team does. Ryle is big, fast, very tough, and has about 6 kids that just make plays. Then they have Murray who is phenomenal. They also have a very good coaching staff and they're on a roll. They lost to Este without their QB and lost to a pretty good Boone team. They aren't going to be "more physical" they are going to go out and play their game. They may make some adjustments but recently the defense has been lock down and I don't expect that to change.

Boone 94', how did that season turn out?:D

Boone 94', how did that season turn out?:D

In all seriousness LSU, you know I'm as fair as fair can be, but you and the Rock fans have been a little harsh on my Raider faithful. Which is fine, some of it is probably deserved. But IF Ryle were to pull of an upset win, or even play a competitive game with the Rocks(as many have predicted won't happen), I'd go into hiding if I were you. Definately, I wouldn't go home.........the dumptrucks delivring your crow would probably keep you from getting in the door. :lol: Here's hoping you have to eat your words!

Ryle's problem won't be defensive. Granted T will score point. Ryle's defense is very good and very fast. Whoever questioned their secondary hasn't seen them. They aren't going to score 59 again and will have trouble scoring 20 IMO. Ryle is better than any team in NKY 4A since 94' and they are better coached than Boone was that year (1 pass in the 2 games I saw them). Ryle is going to have to find ways to get in the endzone besides running it down Trinity's throat, because that won't work.

Ryle's problem won't be defensive. Granted T will score point. Ryle's defense is very good and very fast. Whoever questioned their secondary hasn't seen them. They aren't going to score 59 again and will have trouble scoring 20 IMO. Ryle is better than any team in NKY 4A since 94' and they are better coached than Boone was that year (1 pass in the 2 games I saw them). Ryle is going to have to find ways to get in the endzone besides running it down Trinity's throat, because that won't work.

I disagree with the defensive part. I don't think the Raiders can hold T to that low of a score. They are just too good offensively. I love our D, but this offense is unlike any other in the state. Remember the gameplan the BC used against us? Run/mix in pass out of the spread? Picture that, but about 10 times better. If Ryle can manage to hold the score down as low as you predicted, I think they'll have a fantastic shot to win a state championship. However, myself personally, I haven't seen anything in the previous games with T to make me think that we'll "shut down" Petrino and Co. I think we, Ryle, need to score in the mid 30's to 40's to win, AND control the clock by running the football.