Anthony Davis (To the Lakers)

Where does AD end up next season?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Where does AD end up next season?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read where the Lakers still have between 28-32 million to sign another player?

Don't mind the players they gave up, but hate it cost them three number one picks. Really liked that they were able to keep KyleKuzma,

The 4 pick isn't even clear cut this year and no reason to sweat those future picks. Health for both Davis and James could be an issue but realistically they should be drafting in the lower 15% of the first round. Take a look at the last five years, not really much fruit on those branches.

Kyle Anderson

Josh Huestis

CJ Wilcox

Bogdan Bogdanovic

PJ Hairston

Montrelz Harrell

Cedi Osman

Kevon Looney

Chris McCullough

RJ Hunter

Ivan Zubacc

Deyonta Davis

Damian Jones

Dejounte Murray

Skal Labisssiere

Frank Jackson

Josh Hart

Derrick White

Toney Bradley

Kyle Kuzma

Jevon Carter

Klie Okobo

Omari Spellman

Dzanan Musa

Jacob Evans

No shot Lonzo is ever in Europe.

Maybe someone like John Stockton can teach this young man to shoot. Fundamentally the worst PG shot to reach the NBA in my lifetime (73 years). Perhaps when Daddy baggage is gone he will begin to listen about developing a quality shot. If not, G league and then Europe.

Maybe someone like John Stockton can teach this young man to shoot. Fundamentally the worst PG shot to reach the NBA in my lifetime (73 years). Perhaps when Daddy baggage is gone he will begin to listen about developing a quality shot. If not, G league and then Europe.

I think you’re underestimating the rest of Lonzo’s game. He’s a big athletic guard who is a great defender and incredible in transition. He’s 21 years old. Never ever G League or Europe.

I think you’re underestimating the rest of Lonzo’s game. He’s a big athletic guard who is a great defender and incredible in transition. He’s 21 years old. Never ever G League or Europe.

Rest of his game is solid; but, can't have a PG in at pressure time to close a game out when he can't buy a FT.

Rest of his game is solid; but, can't have a PG in at pressure time to close a game out when he can't buy a FT.

Both of these statements are true.

Lonzo can be masterful in the open court and has a unique passing gift that is not teachable (not so much in the half court). He is a solid defender with quick hands and great anticipatory skills. If you get into his body and able to leverage it to drive, he is vulnerable on the defensive end. He and Jrue can make up one of the best defensive backcourts in the league.

But yeah, a 40% FT shooter for a PG will not cut it in the NBA. You will not survive unless your skill set is so tremendous that it offsets it, which it does not for a PG. Aside from FTs, it drives me nuts watching he and other guys shoot jumpers in the NBA. Every shot is a fadeaway. It looks like a rug is being pulled out from under Lonzo each time he rises to shoot.

Lonzo also has injury concerns which are troubling. I am still holding out hope he can be a really good NBA PG.

Lakers are trying to move around some of their pieces to add more cap space. With their past moves hampering their money situation, they are looking at 3-4 good players and about 8 minimum salary guys.

I don’t think that is a winning formula.

The Lake Show needs a bench. I’d love to see them take the logical approach and go that route. Maybe the 3rd max guy is a cover for clearing space to assemble a formidable crew of role players. Unlikely, but still technically a possibility.
That makes the most sense, but that assumes the Lakers management is able to competently assemble a roster. There is zero evidence they can accomplish that, so I can see the argument to go for broke, grab a third max player, and see what happens.

That makes the most sense, but that assumes the Lakers management is able to competently assemble a roster. There is zero evidence they can accomplish that, so I can see the argument to go for broke, grab a third max player, and see what happens.

100% spot on. This approach is especially a concern with the need to rest LeBron toward the playoffs. Afraid the overall lack of depth will prove too problematic to overcome.

The 4 pick isn't even clear cut this year and no reason to sweat those future picks. Health for both Davis and James could be an issue but realistically they should be drafting in the lower 15% of the first round. Take a look at the last five years, not really much fruit on those branches.

Kyle Anderson

Josh Huestis

CJ Wilcox

Bogdan Bogdanovic

PJ Hairston

Montrelz Harrell

Cedi Osman

Kevon Looney

Chris McCullough

RJ Hunter

Ivan Zubacc

Deyonta Davis

Damian Jones

Dejounte Murray

Skal Labisssiere

Frank Jackson

Josh Hart

Derrick White

Toney Bradley

Kyle Kuzma

Jevon Carter

Klie Okobo

Omari Spellman

Dzanan Musa

Jacob Evans

THANK YOU!!!!!

The Lakers got Anthony Davis and New Orleans gets to draft a bunch of Luol Dengs for a couple of years and folks act like the Lakers gave up a lot.

I bet most of those draft picks don’t last 5 years in the NBA. When you can get a top 5 player in the world on your team you go get him.