Anthony Davis (To the Lakers)

Where does AD end up next season?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Where does AD end up next season?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t have a good read on this one. Pelicans are out, and the Celtics won’t trade the required young guys their fan base loves. Beyond that, I don’t know.

LAbron has proven he’ll gut the entire thing for a chance at competing.

The Knicks would do anything for Zion, but I don’t know how far they would go for an injury-riddled big man.

The Nets are a possibility I hadn’t considered. DLo and AD unite to taunt the Lakers from across the country. It’s very era-appropriate. Who can they realistically give up though?

• 4 weeks later...
I expect Davis to be with the Lakers next year. Davis wants to be there so any other team will be renting him for the year. That means the Pelicans are probably going to get more back from the Lakers than anyone else.

You probably will be right. However, the same was said with Paul George when he was still a Pacer. That he would be a Laker and if a team traded for him, that it would only be for a year before he joins the Lakers via free agency. Yet he stayed with OKC. The same was also said about Leonard when he got traded to the Raptors. That he would only be there for a year before joining the Clippers. Yet now a lot of reports say how much he likes playing for Toronto now. So it may come down to if the Raptors win the title or not. If they win it, then probably even a better chance he stays.

I think if Davis were to land in Boston, or New York. I think there would be a good chance he could end up deciding to stay too.

You probably will be right. However, the same was said with Paul George when he was still a Pacer. That he would be a Laker and if a team traded for him, that it would only be for a year before he joins the Lakers via free agency. Yet he stayed with OKC. The same was also said about Leonard when he got traded to the Raptors. That he would only be there for a year before joining the Clippers. Yet now a lot of reports say how much he likes playing for Toronto now. So it may come down to if the Raptors win the title or not. If they win it, then probably even a better chance he stays.

I think if Davis were to land in Boston, or New York. I think there would be a good chance he could end up deciding to stay too.

Leonard will not stay in Toronto. He will be a Clipper.

I believe he will end up in LA. I think there was a possible scenario with him going to NY, but I think the KD injury put a damper on it. Boston could roll the dice Toronto style, but that assumes a deal is not done by another team before July 1st. Good shot he is moved before next Thursday. If not, it will get interesting and the Lakers will be sweating.

Reports are New Orleans wants Ingram, Lonzo, Kuzma, and the #4 pick for AD, but LA wants to hold on to Kuzma.

The NBA has no favorite for next year's title. If the Pelicans add Zion and keep AD, do they have a shot at a title? Could they make a trade and add a free agent and be a legit contender? Do the Pelicans look at the Raptors' Kawhi rent a player for a title approach and consider keeping AD? If not the Pelicans, is there another team that now considers adding AD for a year as a path to a title?