Anthony Davis (To the Lakers)

Where does AD end up next season?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Where does AD end up next season?

Both of these statements are true.

Lonzo can be masterful in the open court and has a unique passing gift that is not teachable (not so much in the half court). He is a solid defender with quick hands and great anticipatory skills. If you get into his body and able to leverage it to drive, he is vulnerable on the defensive end. He and Jrue can make up one of the best defensive backcourts in the league.

But yeah, a 40% FT shooter for a PG will not cut it in the NBA. You will not survive unless your skill set is so tremendous that it offsets it, which it does not for a PG. Aside from FTs, it drives me nuts watching he and other guys shoot jumpers in the NBA. Every shot is a fadeaway. It looks like a rug is being pulled out from under Lonzo each time he rises to shoot.

Lonzo also has injury concerns which are troubling. I am still holding out hope he can be a really good NBA PG.

Rondo is still in the league. What does his FT percentage look like?

Lonzo’s durability is the only concern I have about him sustaining a long NBA career.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Lakers can get Kawhi then go for it. I think they would still have the 9M mid level exception available as well.

If they can’t get Kawhi then I hope they fill out the roster with players like Patrick Beverly, JJ Redick, etc. I don’t want Jimmy Butler or Kemba with a max contract in LA. I’d take Kyrie though.

Word is the Lakers are going to meet with D’Angelo Russell this offseason as well. I’m good with that for sure.

Rondo is still in the league. What does his FT percentage look like?

Lonzo’s durability is the only concern I have about him sustaining a long NBA career.

Rondo career FTs of 61%. Ball at 43% and even worse than that this past year at 41%. Just a terrible shooter and it won't ever become a strength until he fundamentally makes major changes. I am not a shooting coach, but I do know he can practice that awful form forever and he will never be a consistent/dependable shooter.

Rondo career FTs of 61%. Ball at 43% and even worse than that this past year at 41%. Just a terrible shooter and it won't ever become a strength until he fundamentally makes major changes. I am not a shooting coach, but I do know he can practice that awful form forever and he will never be a consistent/dependable shooter.

My point is that like Rondo he is good enough everywhere else to where his lack of shooting abilities isn’t going to stop him from being in the league. If Lonzo is healthy at worst he’ll have a solid NBA career.

Deandre Jordan went from barely having a FT% to 70+%. Improvement can happen. He’s going to be 22 this season.

MKG couldn’t hit water if he shot out of a boat and still gets paid to play professional basketball by the Hornets. I realize he’s not a PG, but perimeter players don’t have to shoot it well to stick around.

LeBron still has 3 years left on the deal he signed with the Lakers. He will make a little over $37MM this year.

In the NBA, can deals be reworked to create cap space? They do it often in the NFL but I don't hear about it happening in the NBA, which makes me think deals cannot be reworked.