Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Old Cardinal Stadium - Favorite Memories

Featured Replies

Just the annual tradition of Fri/Sat Championship weekend after Thursday's turkey day. Just special!

  • Replies 38
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Charlie Finley wanted to move the A’s from KC to Louisville and play in Fairgrounds Stadium (the original name) but the owners voted against the move. Instead, he later got enough votes to move the team to Oakland. And the rest is history

Charlie Finley wanted to move the A’s from KC to Louisville and play in Fairgrounds Stadium (the original name) but the owners voted against the move. Instead, he later got enough votes to move the team to Oakland. And the rest is history

 

It would have been crazy with Charlie Finley in Louisville! Would have been great.

I was on the losing side in 81-we had 7 turnovers in the 1st half-and couldn’t finish our drives in the 2nd half-but it was you(Paris) who were a very formidable opponent and did the things to win. Congrats!

 

If you looked at the stats, you guys dominated us but the early turnovers that led to our quick scores gave us all types of confidence. We do appreciate it! :thumb:

St. X - Bryan Station state championship game 1999.

My favorite memory was 1992 Highlands Bluebirds over Paducah Tilghman. Paducah's Billy Jack Haskins won Mr. Football, CovCath QB Adam McCormick (sp) was on the cover of the KHSAA state program, but the Bluebirds walked away with the trophy and rings!

Mine is/was the 1991 4A State Championship game. I was fortunate enough to be sitting next to Dennis Lampley (Trinity Head Coach) while watching Clark County defeat (I believe it was) St. X. If memory serves me correctly Clark County had defeated Trinity the weak before. I was still in college. I think I was with Ray Graham and he knew Lampley and we ended up sitting with him throughout the game. He could call almost every play Clark County was going to run before the ball was snapped. Needless to say that had a major impact on me as a young guy wanting to be a high school football coach. It was really impressive to see his energy for the game from a coaching perspective. He was really excited to see that game and I now understand how he was playing that game out in his head as he commented on each play. Oh and he also knew everything X was going to do as well.

Mine is/was the 1991 4A State Championship game. I was fortunate enough to be sitting next to Dennis Lampley (Trinity Head Coach) while watching Clark County defeat (I believe it was) St. X. If memory serves me correctly Clark County had defeated Trinity the weak before. I was still in college. I think I was with Ray Graham and he knew Lampley and we ended up sitting with him throughout the game. He could call almost every play Clark County was going to run before the ball was snapped. Needless to say that had a major impact on me as a young guy wanting to be a high school football coach. It was really impressive to see his energy for the game from a coaching perspective. He was really excited to see that game and I now understand how he was playing that game out in his head as he commented on each play. Oh and he also knew everything X was going to do as well.

 

Dennis Lampley has that same enthusiasm for everything in life. It made him a success as a coach, an AD, a teacher and would have made him a success at anything he would have tried. Talking to him is a real treat. There are some people in this world that take over a room just by entering. Dennis Lampley is one of those people. Trinity was very fortunate to have him for over forty years.

I have a lot of things to share in this thread but this is one I keep coming back to. It is anything John Tong. I know this is a basketball clip but that voice...

 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.