Covington Catholic faces backlash after tense exchange with indigenous marchers

futurecoach

If you look up Covington Catholic on google, or on twitter, it is quickly becoming a National Story. After watching the videos that have been shared, it's definitely not good.

CINCINNATI – A Catholic high school in Kentucky faced backlash on social media Saturday morning after a widely shared video showed a tense exchange between indigenous marchers and a group of young men in Washington, D.C.

The video shows a young man wearing a "Make America Great Again" cap standing near and staring at a man who is drumming as other young men surrounding them cheer and chant. Some of the onlookers appear to wear clothing bearing insignia from Covington Catholic High School in Park Hills, Kentucky.

"We are just now learning about this incident and regret it took place. We are looking into it," Laura Keener, the communications director with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington, said in a statement Saturday.

Kentucky diocese looking into incident at Indigenous Peoples March

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Context is hard to figure here but I did see this video too that appears to show the man approaching the Covington Catholic students first.

Twitter

So a man walks up beating his drum. Gives the CovCath students the right to come up and mock him, make fun of him, and racist remarks as you can hear in the other videos?

Unless more comes out on this, this is not a good situation. Actually a very sick and disturbing situation by the CCH students.

"We are just now learning about this incident and regret it took place. We are looking into it," Laura Keener, the communications director with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington, said in a statement Saturday.[/i]

Kentucky diocese looking into incident at Indigenous Peoples March

Has the Covington Catholic twitter page always been protected?

Cov Cath Colonels (@CovCathColonels) on Twitter

Has the Covington Catholic twitter page always been protected?

Cov Cath Colonels (@CovCathColonels) on Twitter

The River City News reported the following:

A request for comment from a spokesperson at Covington Catholic has not yet been returned. The school removed its Facebook page and made its Twitter profile private after social media users identified the students as being from Cov Cath.

http://www.rcnky.com/articles/2019/01/19/video-appears-show-covington-catholic-students-swarming-native-american-marcher?fbclid=IwAR16gqBX8tQObKWOp-4A9F_ue-W3WerFO-Q9tQbfu83kb7q8Kfg53EVM180

===========

I believe that answers your question but again I am just passing along the information floating around.

No. They have locked down all their social media accounts. A bad look, IMO.

I agree it is a bad look but I understand.

Right, wrong, or indifferent, we are in an age where anyone can troll anyone on Twitter and Facebook.

Apparently many people on twitter are now going after CovCath's official sponsors. Saying they shouldn't represent a school like that.