Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic faces backlash after tense exchange with indigenous marchers

Featured Replies

If you look up Covington Catholic on google, or on twitter, it is quickly becoming a National Story. After watching the videos that have been shared, it's definitely not good.

 

CINCINNATI – A Catholic high school in Kentucky faced backlash on social media Saturday morning after a widely shared video showed a tense exchange between indigenous marchers and a group of young men in Washington, D.C.

 

The video shows a young man wearing a "Make America Great Again" cap standing near and staring at a man who is drumming as other young men surrounding them cheer and chant. Some of the onlookers appear to wear clothing bearing insignia from Covington Catholic High School in Park Hills, Kentucky.

 

"We are just now learning about this incident and regret it took place. We are looking into it," Laura Keener, the communications director with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington, said in a statement Saturday.

 

Kentucky diocese looking into incident at Indigenous Peoples March

  • Replies 357
  • Views 68.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Context is hard to figure here but I did see this video too that appears to show the man approaching the Covington Catholic students first.

 

Twitter

I also want to caution everyone that any mention of Politics in this thread (or anywhere on BGP for that matter) will result in your suspension.

 

And for any visitors reading we no longer allow discussion of Politics on BGP.

A disgusting display by the students. That kind of behavior is taught and learned.

 

Where are the chaperones? Is this the kind of behavior that is acceptable at CCH?

  • Author
Context is hard to figure here but I did see this video too that appears to show the man approaching the Covington Catholic students first.

 

Twitter

 

So a man walks up beating his drum. Gives the CovCath students the right to come up and mock him, make fun of him, and racist remarks as you can hear in the other videos?

 

Unless more comes out on this, this is not a good situation. Actually a very sick and disturbing situation by the CCH students.

So a man walks up beating his drum. Gives the CovCath students the right to come up and mock him, make fun of him, and racist remarks as you can hear in the other videos?

 

All I did was add some evidence/context to the situation.

"We are just now learning about this incident and regret it took place. We are looking into it," Laura Keener, the communications director with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington, said in a statement Saturday.[/i]

 

Kentucky diocese looking into incident at Indigenous Peoples March

 

Has the Covington Catholic twitter page always been protected?

 

Cov Cath Colonels (@CovCathColonels) on Twitter

Where are the chaperones?

 

This was my first question, the chaperones must be MIA.

Has the Covington Catholic twitter page always been protected?

 

Cov Cath Colonels (@CovCathColonels) on Twitter

 

The River City News reported the following:

 

A request for comment from a spokesperson at Covington Catholic has not yet been returned. The school removed its Facebook page and made its Twitter profile private after social media users identified the students as being from Cov Cath.

 

http://www.rcnky.com/articles/2019/01/19/video-appears-show-covington-catholic-students-swarming-native-american-marcher?fbclid=IwAR16gqBX8tQObKWOp-4A9F_ue-W3WerFO-Q9tQbfu83kb7q8Kfg53EVM180

 

===========

 

I believe that answers your question but again I am just passing along the information floating around.

  • Author
All I did was add some evidence/context to the situation.

 

My fault I misread what you wrote with that.

No. They have locked down all their social media accounts. A bad look, IMO.

 

I agree it is a bad look but I understand.

 

Right, wrong, or indifferent, we are in an age where anyone can troll anyone on Twitter and Facebook.

I agree it is a bad look but I understand.

 

Right, wrong, or indifferent, we are in an age where anyone can troll anyone on Twitter and Facebook.

 

It’s a coward move to protect the cowards in the videos.

It’s always hard to judge cell phone cameras. You never know what happened right before or right after.

  • Author
No. They have locked down all their social media accounts. A bad look, IMO.

 

I agree it is a bad look but I understand.

 

Right, wrong, or indifferent, we are in an age where anyone can troll anyone on Twitter and Facebook.

 

Apparently many people on twitter are now going after CovCath's official sponsors. Saying they shouldn't represent a school like that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.