Covington Catholic faces backlash after tense exchange with indigenous marchers

futurecoach

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After watching the whole hour and 40 minute video. A few things stood out. The CCH students did a pretty good job with the remarks they were getting from the group looking to get a reaction from them before Mr. Phillip's arrived.

The CCH students did a horrible job when it came to Mr.Phillip's. People can try to make excuses for it. However all it is, is an excuse for it. They should have handled it just as well as they did with the hate group. Dont make excuses for it like some have said acting like they did no wrong. That's just still enabling. Own it, accept it, learn from it.

I believe someone else mentioned it. However if this was predominantly a all African American school and they mocked a old white veteran. A lot of the same people defending the CCH students, wouldnt defend the African American students for the same thing. They would be quick to judge based off of the same video the media showed, and wouldnt care to find out more to the story. They would be quick to judge.

I think now some CCH people are getting to learn what it's like to be on the other side of things. Where people may may a quick judgement without knowing the whole side of things. Where the same people criticizing the news for only showing select parts right now, are the same people who make their own quick judgements of people off the news too. Now they are getting to see what it is like to be judge so fast. They are now seeing its different being on the other side of things, when the news is reporting on you.

So for me I think this could be a great learning experience not only for the students. But many in the CCH community. Getting to see what others have gone through, when they may have been quick to judge by only information the news gave them.

The whole situation is bad, and as someone mentioned. The people who were in charge of the students should have been there and got them away. That would have solved a lot of things. However it did happen, so own it and now learn form it. Become better people because of it.

Comments above. Here is the thing. We can all come up with supposes and should haves and why thats to try to build some theory to our liking. I am doing my best to stick to facts that I have seen and heard, and not speculating on something I did not see or hear.

You actually speculated a lot, which is fine because you were responding to my questions.

Fact is, we dont know if anyone said "build the wall" because we didnt hear anyone say it.

Do you honestly think they shouted "we won" because there was no violent confrontation? I dont.

I think he chose to go to the group of kids for different reasons as well. I can not prove it and I'm not saying it's a fact though.

Everybody sees different things when they see the videos. This is what I see.

[ATTACH]67861[/ATTACH]

I have watched just this one boy on video over and over. I’m not saying that he should have been there. I’m not saying he is right. He should have walked away. But how can someone assess what is going through his head just by looking at his “smirk”? Some people have a “resting mean face.” Some kids maybe don’t know what to say or do in that situation. Maybe he thought it would be rude to walk away, because Mr. Nathan was performing. I have a son who is very socially awkward, and he may just stand there and stare. Does that make him racist or privedged? Of course, I would have been with my son and I would have pulled him away.

Also going to add that I’m NOT a Cov Cath fan. I always cheer against them. :lol2:

Do you think the kids would have responded differently if a white man approached their group chanting and beating a drum?

The biggest display of racism is the comments hurled at the kids by the small group of men.

I doubt you would have seen the tomahawk chip, Seminole chant, or mocking Native American dancing if it had been a white guy drumming.