Justin Fields Transfer to OSU

GrantNKY

As long as they don't have another annual "laying of the egg" vs an unranked opponent I think they will be ok. Just trying to be optimistic but I like the fact they are home vs. MSU, Wisconsin, and Penn St. I do worry slightly about Nebraska who is a sleeper and Northwestern being on the road. Getting the right coaches in place is going to be huge.

Right now the game at Nebraska is the game I’m most curious about because it will be the first real game on the schedule (with all due respect to Cincinnati).

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the #2 best ever couldn't beat out Fromm this year and didn't want to try next?

I don’t think he ever was given a legit chance to beat out Fromm to be honest. Let’s remember that there was a very highly touted QB who is playing in the national championship this year who couldn’t beat out the incumbent his freshmen year.

I don’t think he ever was given a legit chance to beat out Fromm to be honest. Let’s remember that there was a very highly touted QB who is playing in the national championship this year who couldn’t beat out the incumbent his freshmen year.

It happens. It's crazy how much college football has changed over the last 20 years though. Just a completely different feel when it comes to playing time and building towards it etc.

It happens. It's crazy how much college football has changed over the last 20 years though. Just a completely different feel when it comes to playing time and building towards it etc.

It does happen. But all 3 heisman finalists this year failed to beat out the incumbent despite being more highly touted recruits and better players (Baker and Kyler is kind of a wash). It doesn’t happen very often. Honestly besides the two cases where it happened this year (Bryant/ Lawrence and Wimbush/ Book) I’m not sure I can think of any other notable examples.

It does happen. But all 3 heisman finalists this year failed to beat out the incumbent despite being more highly touted recruits and better players (Baker and Kyler is kind of a wash). It doesn’t happen very often. Honestly besides the two cases where it happened this year (Bryant/ Lawrence and Wimbush/ Book) I’m not sure I can think of any other notable examples.

He let and Eason and Fields go for Fromm. He wanted Fields to stay, but can’t keep that kinda talent shelved. We’ll take him.

He let and Eason and Fields go for Fromm. He wanted Fields to stay, but can’t keep that kinda talent shelved. We’ll take him.

Id bet good money that both Eason and Fields put up better numbers than Fromm next year.

That's because the story doesn't always play out the way this one is. But it does happen.

I find it hard to believe he didn't get a fair shot to win the job. Schools like UGA play the guy who gives them the best chance to win. When he picked UGA over Penn St I thought he made a mistake. UGA likes pure pocket passers and he is not one. Penn St likes dual threat guys and with McSorley leaving I think he stood a good shot at starting next season and being a mult=year starter.

What if Fields does not beat out Martell in the spring? What will he do then? Martell is no slouch and has experience in the OSU system. From what I can tell they like him. Fields is not a slam dunk to win the position. This is going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

I find it hard to believe he didn't get a fair shot to win the job. Schools like UGA play the guy who gives them the best chance to win. When he picked UGA over Penn St I thought he made a mistake. UGA likes pure pocket passers and he is not one. Penn St likes dual threat guys and with McSorley leaving I think he stood a good shot at starting next season and being a mult=year starter.

What if Fields does not beat out Martell in the spring? What will he do then? Martell is no slouch and has experience in the OSU system. From what I can tell they like him. Fields is not a slam dunk to win the position. This is going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

I don’t see why it’s hard to believe they didn’t give him a fair shot to win the job. There are a ton of very recent examples of schools like caliber of Georgia not giving the newcomer a fair shot.

It’s a really good problem for OSU to have.