Justin Fields Transfer to OSU

GrantNKY

I think playing and putting up numbers is secondary to competing for a title.

Not sure what you’re getting at with that? Obviously he wants to play and put up numbers, but the schools that will develop him the best are the schools that are competing for titles. I’m not sure what his goals are but I would imagine the NFL is at the top. It’s not coincidence that the schools that are competing for titles are also the teams that put the most players in the NFL.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what you’re getting at with that? Obviously he wants to play and put up numbers, but the schools that will develop him the best are the schools that are competing for titles. I’m not sure what his goals are but I would imagine the NFL is at the top. It’s not coincidence that the schools that are competing for titles are also the teams that put the most players in the NFL.

There are only 5 or 6 schools competing for titles year in and year out...how many starting QB's in the NFL from those schools?

My point is it's better to play than "develop" behind another player...he could have done that at UGA.

Maybe Day is the QB whisperer and kids will come in droves just to be mentored by him. However you can be a top 10 QB draft pick at North Dakota State, Kentucky or Texas Tech.

There are only 5 or 6 schools competing for titles year in and year out...how many starting QB's in the NFL from those schools?

My point is it's better to play than "develop" behind another player...he could have done that at UGA.

Maybe Day is the QB whisperer and kids will come in droves just to be mentored by him. However you can be a top 10 QB draft pick at North Dakota State, Kentucky or Texas Tech.

Just trying to say what I think his thought process is. There are a bunch of places he can go and basically be guaranteed to start whenever he’s eligible to play. I just don’t see an elite talent like Fields choosing that route. He chose Georgia before Eason left for Washington and Fromm was coming off a great freshmen season. I don’t see him leaving Georgia so much as an indictment on him not wanting to compete. I think he wants to compete, I just think he wants a fair chance to win the job. If he’s granted immediate eligibility Ohio State would give him that because him and Martell would be on an even playing field. I don’t want it to sound like I think he’s coming to OSU, because it’s still a long shot.

Is Fields that much better than Martell that he'll likely beat him out?
Personally I think Fields is better than Martell, but that much better may be a stretch because we’ve seen relatively little of both of them on a college field.

Dwan Mathis, the lone OSU QB recruit, has flipped the GA...

Fields now almost looks like a necessity at this point. This is going to be a small class for OSU anyways, I would imagine Day will put the full court press on Fields as soon as signing day ends.

Fields now almost looks like a necessity at this point. This is going to be a small class for OSU anyways, I would imagine Day will put the full court press on Fields as soon as signing day ends.

Day is gonna look at all options. Mathis called Sparty and asked if he could come back and they said no, so he committed to GA. Recruiting is a bizarre world.

Someone that has talked to the UGA staff, said they think it's OSU for him also. Saw this on Finebaum about a hour ago.

It seems more and more possible every hour, but Fields gets 5 official visits. I’d be surprised to see him not take all 5.