Justin Fields Transfer to OSU

GrantNKY

Fields is 12/1 odds to win the Heisman next year lol. Hasn’t even taken a snap.

Talented qb joining a system that makes QBs put up great numbers. Much like how we will see Hurts all of a sudden look like a new qb in the Oklahoma system and put up great numbers. I think how it's set up now, if you are a qb at Oklahoma or OSU. Your usually going to be in the conversation for a Heisman, because the systems will allow qbs to put in crazy numbers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just what the Buckeyes needed! Solid nucleus of players returning and a re-vamped coaching staff should make the Buckeyes more than a potential contender! Assuming Fields takes over the job but if not Baldwin has a cannon of an arm and is just as accurate, both QBs are more than solid of leading the Buckeyes back to the playoffs.

Obviously, there is no place for racism in college football with our country being so divided right now. I think it was September ? when Fields was called the racial slur by a player. And it was reported and investigated very quickly after the verbal abuse.

My question is, is there a rule that prohibits student athletes from transferring mid-season? As opposed to waiting for winter break. I only recall transfers following the Fall semester like Quade when he transferred to Washington for b-ball.

I was definitely not a student athlete :lol: but I had to transfer mid-semester for health reasons. I was able to enroll and take a couple 8 week courses the second half of the semester so I could earn a few credit hours. But I'm not sure if student-athletes have that option.

Good on NCAA to grant the young man his waiver. Good job Emmert.

So you've got nothing but speculation. Ok.

JA may have insider knowledge, he may not. I don’t know but it doesn’t really matter if he does or not. We don’t know the whole story on why Fields transfer waiver request was accepted and we likely never will.

JA may have insider knowledge, he may not. I don’t know but it doesn’t really matter if he does or not. We don’t know the whole story on why Fields transfer waiver request was accepted and we likely never will.

OSU in the winter workout hype video last week lead off with JF, yeah they had a lot of concern if he would be eligible or or not...

Some people are just salty that he is eligible.

I think all players should be eligible immediately when they transfer, regardless of the reason.

I wouldn't be in favor of this. I don't want to see a scenerio where a school such as UK could go out and pick up an outside shooter or another big man for the March run. I don't think in season transfers should be allowed to start playing immediately. Let's at least try to pretend that the players have to be enrolled in school and actually attending class.