Ashland vs Johnson Central Predictions & Discussion

T cat 72

:rolleyes: WHATEVER, it was a district championship win!! What I do no is out of the 7 times we played JC 5 out of 7 victories is dominating. No matter how you slice it.:D
Let me be the first to predict that Ashland's record will be no better than 5-5 following the next three contests between the two teams. Tomorrow night will be the Tomcats' best opportunity for a win against the Golden Eagles for at least the next two years. Johnson Central fans and players are looking to the future instead of dwelling on the past.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope so.

I will keep my prediction that Ashland will not be rolled over as some would have us believe.

In fact I think we can play smash mouth with just about anyone.

The two linebackers are the only ones I see that are physical.

With that being said BRING IT ON!!!!!

I have to wonder by this post if you were at the last game. I remember Ashlands All-Time leading Reciever Drew McDavid catching a pass near the sidelines in the first half of the game against JC when Tommy Taylor who plays CB cleaned his clock. And if you remember from that point on Mr. McDavid didnt catch a pass the rest of the game due to looking for that oncoming hit. Also I remember Mahan being roughed up many times by the JC D-line and D-Ends. The whole JC defense is physical, not just the the two linebackers who do bring the wood.

Since no one is going to be home to do BGP updates, and some of us have to be out of town for work:irked: does anyone have a web link for either radio station that will carry this game? I couldn't find one for WSIP, much as I would prefer Spike for this matchup. Thanks!

Since no one is going to be home to do BGP updates, and some of us have to be out of town for work:irked: does anyone have a web link for either radio station that will carry this game? I couldn't find one for WSIP, much as I would prefer Spike for this matchup. Thanks!
WSIP doesn't webcast anything, so you are stuck listening to Dickie Martin. If you haven't listened to him call a game, I think that you will enjoy it - assuming Johnson Central leads the entire way. If one of the Ashland fans doesn't post a link, I will try to find one for you. Dickie does a good job of calling the play-by-play and as long as the Tomcats are losing, it's not too hard to overlook his editorializing.

Go to the link and click on "listen live" at the top right.

Link:http://www.b97fm.com/main.html

Let me be the first to predict that Ashland's record will be no better than 5-5 following the next three contests between the two teams. Tomorrow night will be the Tomcats' best opportunity for a win against the Golden Eagles for at least the next two years. Johnson Central fans and players are looking to the future instead of dwelling on the past.

Let me be the first to predict that your prediction is wrong. :cool:

Also, as far as looking toward the future instead of dwelling on the past. Ashland's future is well established for many years to come, their past history is just an added bonus. :thumb:

Let me be the first to predict that your prediction is wrong. :cool:

Also, as far as looking toward the future instead of dwelling on the past. Ashland's future is well established for many years to come, their past history is just an added bonus. :thumb:

Reminds me of the Green Bay Packers.

That '05 win has to have Ashland feeling very confident.

Actually, Carl....my comment was a response to Underarmour's statement that JC knows they can beat the Tomcats because they have done so already...my reply was Ashland has players on this year's squad who knows what its like to beat JC as well. If you want to use the logic "that was then (2005), this is now (2006)"...then apply it to tonights contest also....20 October is not 10 November.

Go Cats!

Reminds me of the Green Bay Packers.

Outstanding analogy, Carl.....the Packers have won 12 World Championships spanning nearly 80 years....I thank you for this comparison and recognizing the Tomcats have multiple state championships over the decades as well.

JC tagged the Cats earlier this year...congratulations, you earned it...but dont ever, .....ever.....think the Cats wont be back.

Actually, Carl....my comment was a response to Underarmour's statement that JC knows they can beat the Tomcats because they have done so already...my reply was Ashland has players on this year's squad who knows what its like to beat JC as well. If you want to use the logic "that was then (2005), this is now (2006)"...then apply it to tonights contest also....20 October is not 10 November.

Go Cats!

I think there is a difference here. The same logic does not apply to 2006 as it does to 2005...that difference being the difference in the teams. Some of the players that played in the 2005 game are no longer with their respective teams. Therefore, the makeup of each team is different. The players that participated in the October 20 game are the same players that will compete tonight.

Good Luck Tonight and have a safe trip to "The Nest."

Here is a question that may spark additional discussion in this thread.

In your opinion, what will be the most interesting aspect of tonight's game?

For me, I am wondering how Matt Thomas will respond in tonight's game. He took some viscious shots early in the first meeting between these two teams and, as a result, seemed to be hesitant to hit the holes. He had a tendancy to want to dance in the backfield. For Ashland to have a shot in this game Thomas has to show up with a big game. If he gets nailed early will he be able to overcome that or will he defer to Fields Davis as he did in game one?