Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland vs Johnson Central Predictions & Discussion

Featured Replies

Well, my office is in town and I pretty sure that I heard the PA man already getting tuned up for tonight's game. (Just joking) I think he may have taken the remarks personal after the last game, so I am sure the entainment will be top notch tonight.. Looking for great weather and my football buddy InTheLoop to be back in the stands..

  • Replies 119
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unless something unexpected happens...I will be there tonight. And, you know nothing unexpected ever happens...:thumb:

Here is a question that may spark additional discussion in this thread.

 

In your opinion, what will be the most interesting aspect of tonight's game?

 

For me, I am wondering how Matt Thomas will respond in tonight's game. He took some viscious shots early in the first meeting between these two teams and, as a result, seemed to be hesitant to hit the holes. He had a tendancy to want to dance in the backfield. For Ashland to have a shot in this game Thomas has to show up with a big game. If he gets nailed early will he be able to overcome that or will he defer to Fields Davis as he did in game one?

 

From my perspective, our defensive line will play the pivitol role in tonight's game. There is much truth in the old saying: "Defense wins championships". With the time Mahan had to throw the ball (thank you O-Line), and with straight ahead running by Davis, Cordle & Company, Ashland will score on JC but the looming question is can we slow down the Eagle's offensive juggernaut....there has to be a caboose on that long black train somewhere;)

Safe travels to all making the trip down U.S. 23 this evening! The weather should make it a great night for football!

I have no idea how the game will turn out although I believe the odds are with the home team. However, one thing is for sure, the Ashland cheerleaders sure have their maroon glasses shined up. Now, whether they can really see through them or not is another question.

From my perspective, our defensive line will play the pivitol role in tonight's game. There is much truth in the old saying: "Defense wins championships". With the time Mahan had to throw the ball (thank you O-Line), and with straight ahead running by Davis, Cordle & Company, Ashland will score on JC but the looming question is can we slow down the Eagle's offensive juggernaut....there has to be a caboose on that long black train somewhere;)

 

Actually there is...and I believe it is scheduled to arrive at Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium shortly after the clock hits 0:00 in the AAA State Championship game.:thumb:

 

Actually, I agree with you. Ashland's D-Line must find a way to control the line of scrimmage. The Tomcats' O-Line did an excellent job in the secdon half of giving Mahan time to throw the football but they didn't have much success run blocking. I feel that Ashland will have to rely on the pass tonight. If Mahan is throwing strikes and his receivers hold on to the ball (which they had trouble doing last time), this game will be respectable...maybe even close.

 

With that said, I believe JC is just too much for Ashland to handle this season.

 

Good Luck Tonight.

I will be at work tonight. Anyone going to the game want to be a great sportsfan and text message me some score updates?

 

As for the game.............Ashland will learn alot from the first game and be ready, I have went against my Eagles for a few weeks now and it has worked. Ill say Ashland 20 JC 13

Jericho when was smashmouth football born in Ashland ans this is open to anyone. I've watched and played against them. Remember when they was in the district with Lawrence Co. and Sheldon Clark in the late 90's and early 2000's they balled up when they got hit by those boys on defense. I understand that they probably did have teams ever now and again but its definitely now an tradition like Matney's teams.

 

BTW...Matney hates everything about Ashland. He WILL! have his kids ready for this one. JC 42 Ashland 10 and they might score 3 points of that on the varsity.

Jericho when was smashmouth football born in Ashland ans this is open to anyone.

 

 

Jericho is referring to the great Ashland Tomcat teams of the 70's, coached by Herb Conley. The Tomcats would line up in the wish bone, and just play power football at it's finest. Bill Tom Ross was an assistant coach for some of those great Ashland teams. I'm sure he would be more than happy to tell you about how great some of those teams were. Those Ashland teams also played some great defense. Their defensive unit was known as "JAWS" defense.

7 hours until gametime... I cant wait!

Good luck Tomcats.

 

Here's hoping for a good game.

 

Stay focused and never quit.

I will be at work tonight. Anyone going to the game want to be a great sportsfan and text message me some score updates?

 

 

Come on no takers?

From my perspective, our defensive line will play the pivitol role in tonight's game. There is much truth in the old saying: "Defense wins championships". With the time Mahan had to throw the ball (thank you O-Line), and with straight ahead running by Davis, Cordle & Company, Ashland will score on JC but the looming question is can we slow down the Eagle's offensive juggernaut....there has to be a caboose on that long black train somewhere;)

 

Will they score like they did against JC back in October?

 

I'm guessing they get shut out.

Here are my keys for a Johnson Central win:

 

1. Hit Thomas every play. Micheal Tackett layed a shot on him early in the first game, and he didnt want the ball anymore.

2. JC has to limit their stupid penalities, (delay of game, false starts, offsides)

3. JC has to protect the ball, and eat as much clock up as they can.

4. JC has won all 11 games by doing one thing... running the football. I dont see Matney getting away from his bread n butter.

 

This is the BIGGEST game in the history of Johnson Central football. No team in the schools history has ever went 12-0. No team has ever played in the 3rd round of the play-offs. Johnson Central is ready, they know what is at stake.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.