Ashland vs Johnson Central Predictions & Discussion

T cat 72

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that the High School Football Association has already sent Ashland the Second Place Trophy, Think it was in bad taste, and I hope that Coach Hart gets to give the dang thing back.

I also hope that JC is as over confident as the people that sent the trophy. We are not going to lay down for anyone. I’m looking for an upset in the second half.

Ashland 35

JC 28

I understand that the High School Football Association has already sent Ashland the Second Place Trophy, Think it was in bad taste, and I hope that Coach Hart gets to give the dang thing back.

I also hope that JC is as over confident as the people that sent the trophy. We are not going to lay down for anyone. I’m looking for an upset in the second half.

Ashland 35

JC 28

With Matney as the coach, Johnson Central will not be over confident. And as to your second half upset, Johnson Central plays better in the second half. They have to much depth, good coaching and better players, Johnson Central wins friday night.

Ashland 35

JC 28

Did you ever stop and think that the trophy was for the regular season? :rolleyes: ALL teams that finished first and second in there districts during the regular season received a trophy. I've heard some say that district championship is determined after the regular season and I've heard some say that it's determined after week two of the playoffs but I have yet to see anything in writing by the KHSAA stating which is true. Maybe the district championship is rewarded during the regular season or maybe the KSHAA is giving trophy's for the regular season and after week two. I don't know which is which though but I do know they didn't give Ashland the second place trophy because they assumed they would get beat Friday by Johnson Central. If that's the case then why would the play the games?

Did you ever stop and think that the trophy was for the regular season? :rolleyes: ALL teams that finished first and second in there districts during the regular season received a trophy. I've heard some say that district championship is determined after the regular season and I've heard some say that it's determined after week two of the playoffs but I have yet to see anything in writing by the KHSAA stating which is true. Maybe the district championship is rewarded during the regular season or maybe the KSHAA is giving trophy's for the regular season and after week two. I don't know which is which though but I do know they didn't give Ashland the second place trophy because they assumed they would get beat Friday by Johnson Central. If that's the case then why would the play the games?

:thumb: Exactly! No way the KHSAA sends Ashland a second place trophy for the game that is going to be played this Friday. They would never do anything like that to try and disrespect a team.

Speaking of lovely new shirts ... Here is a photo of one of our Boyd County friends making good on a bet. You wear it well.

I have to tell you, Graybeard - that is one ugly photograph. I know who it is, and I understand the situation, but man, that color just doesn't look good on him...

Frances

Ashland 35

JC 28

That was the regular season district runner up trophy. All teams who finished 1st or 2nd in their district in the regular season got one and it was was supposed to be awarded before their first playoff game.

There will be District Champion and District Runner Up trophies also awarded after this weeks games.

I have to tell you, Graybeard - that is one ugly photograph. I know who it is, and I understand the situation, but man, that color just doesn't look good on him...

Frances

I guess that goes to show that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I thought it was an improvement for him.

Then again I don’t win any blue ribbons myself.

That was the regular season district runner up trophy. All teams who finished 1st or 2nd in their district in the regular season got one and it was was supposed to be awarded before their first playoff game.

There will be District Champion and District Runner Up trophies also awarded after this weeks games.

That's an awful lot of trophies to be given out during just the first two rounds of the playoffs. Where are we supposed to put all of these. :confused:

Sounts like T-Ball. Let's give everyone a trophy.

I predict JC will win.

Also, while Im here, and before the thread is closed. Anyone have any good directions to the field? I've never been to JC.

The field is very easily found. Take the first Paintsville turn-off on U.S. 23. That will put you on rt. 321, stay straight and go about 3 miles. The field and high school will be on your left, there is some good parking available if you get there early. You cant miss it.

There should be a huge crowd, so get their early. If anybody needs anything else, just ask.