Survivor: David vs Goliath

GrantNKY

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really question if some of these players have actually ever watched these shows that they audition for.

I think no matter how much you plan, or know about the game, I'm sure for many, all that goes out the window once they actually start playing. Being there, getting caught up in everything that's going on not only socially, but physically, I can see how people can end up making such obvious mistakes.

I think no matter how much you plan, or know about the game, I'm sure for many, all that goes out the window once they actually start playing. Being there, getting caught up in everything that's going on not only socially, but physically, I can see how people can end up making such obvious mistakes.

Being super hungry and tired can sure make you not think through things as thoroughly as you usually, I'd imagine.

You really question if some of these players have actually ever watched these shows that they audition for.

A large percentage of them are recruited and didn’t audition. They’ve never watched the show and are given a couple specific seasons to watch before the show. For instance in GI last year the ones who were recruited were told to watch the seasons where there were clues or idols from those seasons so they would know the history.

A large percentage of them are recruited and didn’t audition. They’ve never watched the show and are given a couple specific seasons to watch before the show. For instance in GI last year the ones who were recruited were told to watch the seasons where there were clues or idols from those seasons so they would know the history.

Where are they recruiting people from? Are they going to agents and acting pools and recruiting actors?

And where are they going to find people?

America. That’s their job to go out and find people. Whether it be social media, friends of friends, friends of former players, etc. I found this chart that someone on reddit made that goes from season 1-36 of which players were recruited vs which players applied. A lot of the best players in the shows history were recruited. Especially for seasons with themes like David vs Goliath, Brains/ Brawn/ Beauty, etc. a lot of those seasons were recruits.

Survivor Applicants and Recruits

It is a fine line that you walk when you get into the discussion about who to vote off. You have to be very careful about throwing out people's names and about being too pushy. Natalia came on a little too strong and pushy. Contrast that with how Davey handled the situation by being very laid-back and letting other people tell him what to do while planting seeds against Natalia. Davey was very smooth in how he handled that situation last night and it makes him much more of a threat in the game in my opinion. He was smooth in his discussions with Alex and others and he did a great job staying low-key at the Tribal Council. He and Carl can really become a force if they team up with Davey's idol and with Carl's idol nullifier advantage.

Seems to me that the way blindsides fly out, if I had an idol, I would play it every tribal I’m at. Then I go out to find the next one the next day. I know sooner or later I would be targeted just for that reason though.

I always thought that I'd keep an idol to myself and not tell anyone, hopefully hang on to it until I was further along. A couple years ago when everyone and their brother was finding idols, my mindset changed a little on that. I think I'd play it the first time I felt even remotely uncomfortable.