Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What if Kids Choose to Sit/Kneel for the Pledge of Allegiance?

Featured Replies

What would you require before allowing there to be a discussion?

 

It would depend on what their concerns were and if it was something that is useful to discuss in an open classroom environment.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How isn’t it? Do you have anything to support it other than hearsay? People who love America always stand, regardless of which 8 year cycle it is.

 

Do you have anything other than hearsay to support that everyone stood from 09-17?

Hearsay.

 

You're telling him what he's seen? :lol2:

I don't do it as a reminder for anyone. It is a way for me to honor my father.

 

I stand in all occasions to honor America (except at home) and the freedoms and opportunities we have in everyday life. With all this talk over the past years, I was honestly surprised how many people said their reasoning was to honor our service men.

Genuine question here....What's the rationale behind the Pledge being said every day in schools?

 

I know this may not be popular with many but I have always felt it was a little heavy handed by our Government for various reasons but @Hellcats did a good job explaining why it shouldn't be forced upon us daily with his example in post #2.

Many of you have just enlightened me on why the youth of today act the way they do. Thanks.

This was 40 years ago, but had a girl in my 4th grade class that didn't say the pledge. She would stand, but would just hold her hands at her side or clasped in front of her. There was never anything said to her, nor did she offer any explanation to the class. (I can only assume her parents had said something to the teacher/school beforehand.) Only found out later that she was Jehovah's Witness, and that's why she didn't say the pledge.

Many of you have just enlightened me on why the youth of today act the way they do. Thanks.

 

:lol2:

This week’s Get off my lawn.

 

Just curious what you’re referring to...

I would have no problem with any student kneeling or sitting quietly during the Pledge of Allegiance.

I would have no problem with any student kneeling or sitting quietly during the Pledge of Allegiance.

 

No problem at all. I don't see sitting or kneeling as any worse than standing and mindlessly reciting the pledge. I'm sure there are more than a few that stand, recite, and have no idea as to why they are doing it, other than they were told to. For many, it's just another routine that's carried out without much thought.

How isn’t it? Do you have anything to support it other than hearsay? People who love America always stand, regardless of which 8 year cycle it is.

 

Hearsay? The way you talk it sounds more like heresy that should be dealt with by the inquisition.

“Look at me.” “Maybe this will go viral.”

 

Go back and read the actual question.

It would depend on what their concerns were and if it was something that is useful to discuss in an open classroom environment.

 

I'm trying to think of a reason they would give that would NOT warrant a classroom discussion.

I'm trying to think of a reason they would give that would NOT warrant a classroom discussion.

 

I never liked talking about in class because of the students who were intolerant. Some get pretty nasty if you go against the grain.

 

School is just a microcosm.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.