What if Kids Choose to Sit/Kneel for the Pledge of Allegiance?

hoops5

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How isn’t it? Do you have anything to support it other than hearsay? People who love America always stand, regardless of which 8 year cycle it is.

Do you have anything other than hearsay to support that everyone stood from 09-17?

I don't do it as a reminder for anyone. It is a way for me to honor my father.

I stand in all occasions to honor America (except at home) and the freedoms and opportunities we have in everyday life. With all this talk over the past years, I was honestly surprised how many people said their reasoning was to honor our service men.

Genuine question here....What's the rationale behind the Pledge being said every day in schools?

I know this may not be popular with many but I have always felt it was a little heavy handed by our Government for various reasons but @Hellcats did a good job explaining why it shouldn't be forced upon us daily with his example in post #2.

This was 40 years ago, but had a girl in my 4th grade class that didn't say the pledge. She would stand, but would just hold her hands at her side or clasped in front of her. There was never anything said to her, nor did she offer any explanation to the class. (I can only assume her parents had said something to the teacher/school beforehand.) Only found out later that she was Jehovah's Witness, and that's why she didn't say the pledge.

I would have no problem with any student kneeling or sitting quietly during the Pledge of Allegiance.

No problem at all. I don't see sitting or kneeling as any worse than standing and mindlessly reciting the pledge. I'm sure there are more than a few that stand, recite, and have no idea as to why they are doing it, other than they were told to. For many, it's just another routine that's carried out without much thought.

How isn’t it? Do you have anything to support it other than hearsay? People who love America always stand, regardless of which 8 year cycle it is.

Hearsay? The way you talk it sounds more like heresy that should be dealt with by the inquisition.

I'm trying to think of a reason they would give that would NOT warrant a classroom discussion.

I never liked talking about in class because of the students who were intolerant. Some get pretty nasty if you go against the grain.

School is just a microcosm.