2019 Kentucky 2A Classic will take place in Owensboro's SportsCenter

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir, why the name calling?

Because I don't like the way these guys are trying to torpedo the KHSAA and infringe on the KHSAA's authority with the way they chose to name this tournament. It's an underhanded move. Think about if this was a football tournament...how would the folks over in Danville feel after winning the actual 2A state championship title if there was another football team going around and bragging on how they had won "the Kentucky 2A Championship"?

I realize the sports this tournament is going for don't have KHSAA divisions that split them into 1A, 2A and so on, but I have zero doubt in my mind that these folks named their tournament very intentionally to have the sound of being an official, real-deal state championship in those sports being served by their tournament organization - which also designedly incorporates all of the major sports that only have one single KHSAA state title.

Suppose the KHSAA does decide to expand the state soccer tournament to have two divisions someday. Then if they try to stick with their standard 1A/2A division format, they could find themselves in a trademark battle with these folks. No doubt that was a 100% intentional move on the part of the folks putting on this tournament. That's a subversive, slime-ball move. And that's why I said what I said.

I can't speak for all the "slime-balls" but I can for one. The reasons behind the name, Kentucky 2A Championships has nothing to do with getting in a trademark battle with the KHSAA. If they want to classify sports in this state, they can call them whatever they elect and our group will have no problem with that. We selected the name Kentucky 2A Championships to somewhat separate ourselves from the All A Classic. We don't want to step on the toes of the All A Classic, we wanted people to be able to differentiate between the two. Our only goal is to offer a tournament for the mid-sized schools and kids similar to the All A. I know not everyone is going to agree, but I believe it's great for the kids of the Commonwealth.

I can't speak for all the "slime-balls" but I can for one. The reasons behind the name, Kentucky 2A Championships has nothing to do with getting in a trademark battle with the KHSAA. If they want to classify sports in this state, they can call them whatever they elect and our group will have no problem with that. We selected the name Kentucky 2A Championships to somewhat separate ourselves from the All A Classic. We don't want to step on the toes of the All A Classic, we wanted people to be able to differentiate between the two. Our only goal is to offer a tournament for the mid-sized schools and kids similar to the All A. I know not everyone is going to agree, but I believe it's great for the kids of the Commonwealth.

Ohhh, I see. So step on the KHSAA's toes instead then. :thumb:

What's wrong with 2A Classic?

I'm amazed that people are upset about any of this.

Great point... I wish the AD's of Region 2 who have decided to have the regional tournament format in such a way where kids are having to travel more and play on tighter schedules would put the kids first and have the tournaments at the bigger gyms in the region so you don't have to split games and have boys and girls games on the same days.

To have the tournament in Central Hopkins, Henderson, and Union County is a shame. It should be in Madisonville and Hopkinsville every year and it should be coordinated in a way with the girls tournament to not overlap. Let's hope the AD's of region 2 start Look out for the kids on that one.

Because I don't like the way these guys are trying to torpedo the KHSAA and infringe on the KHSAA's authority with the way they chose to name this tournament. It's an underhanded move. Think about if this was a football tournament...how would the folks over in Danville feel after winning the actual 2A state championship title if there was another football team going around and bragging on how they had won "the Kentucky 2A Championship"?

I realize the sports this tournament is going for don't have KHSAA divisions that split them into 1A, 2A and so on, but I have zero doubt in my mind that these folks named their tournament very intentionally to have the sound of being an official, real-deal state championship in those sports being served by their tournament organization - which also designedly incorporates all of the major sports that only have one single KHSAA state title.

Suppose the KHSAA does decide to expand the state soccer tournament to have two divisions someday. Then if they try to stick with their standard 1A/2A division format, they could find themselves in a trademark battle with these folks. No doubt that was a 100% intentional move on the part of the folks putting on this tournament. That's a subversive, slime-ball move. And that's why I said what I said.

It also seems that they want to see 3A do the same thing which IMO is an underlying effort to force the classification of all sports instead of crowning one true champion like everyone does except for football.

Of course you have your view of this and the points you make are well taken but why call people names, probably people you don't know and never met? I do know a couple of these men and their intent is and was good. I assume they had a lot of support or it would not have been done. They are not slime balls. That's just my opinion and I would say the opinion of many. Anyway, Thanks for your reply and have a great evening.