Scott County 54 Trinity 53 (Sweet 16 - Round 1)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if the comment upset you. I was on the other end of the floor all I was saying was it could have been I didn't know. The call was exactly right on the jump ball it was Trinity's possession but when you foul before the ball is inbounded the team that was fouled keeps possession.

You are good. I saw jump ball called first, but never saw them change to a foul.

The reality is Trinity can't win when it counts:idunno:

Officals didn't lose this one for them

This makes 4 of last 8 years (2010,2014,2015,2018) they have objectively had the better team and have gotten knocked out of region or state!

Throw out the 2012 title when they were so much better than everyone it didn't matter and otherwise they haven't been able to get it done.

Just stating one guys opinion!

Congrats to Scott County!

You are good. I saw jump ball called first, but never saw them change to a foul.

I was watching video and announcers never noticed the change from jump ball to foul call either ( or, I missed hearing the change). Had me confused, too.

I was watching video and announcers never noticed the change from jump ball to foul call either ( or, I missed hearing the change). Had me confused, too.

My gosh so many people are misunderstanding this call! Please follow this one item at a time:

1. jump ball was called.

2. Trinity player was handed the ball to inbound, and the five second count starts.

3. SC commits a foul on the floor BEFORE the ball is inbounded.

4. Official enforces foul, and the arrow does not change because the ball was never inbounded.

5. a minute late another held ball, still T ball.

It's that simple.

My gosh so many people are misunderstanding this call! Please follow this one item at a time:

1. jump ball was called.

2. Trinity player was handed the ball to inbound, and the five second count starts.

3. SC commits a foul on the floor BEFORE the ball is inbounded.

4. Official enforces foul, and the arrow does not change because the ball was never inbounded.

5. a minute late another held ball, still T ball.

It's that simple.

Perfectly said that's what I've tried to say twice, but you did so much better. lol

Just watched the replay on the NFHS network and it was a foul that would have been called at any other time in the game. Why you don't call it there is up to the officials. Didn't like Trinity calling a timeout allowing Scott Co to get a set play. Maybe Hicks calls a timeout. Also wouldn't have had Johnson inbounding the ball on last play. Give Scott Credit for doubling him when he got it to force him to get rid of it. Great game!

1- thought Scott made a big mistake picking up trinity full and sure enough kid fouls and Powell makes 2

2- trinity has two fouls to give and does not foul and Robb hits a 3

3 Scrubbs get ball on dead run and clearly was fouled. Clear foul. Glad it was not called because I had picked Scott in my pool!