Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott County 54 Trinity 53 (Sweet 16 - Round 1)

Featured Replies

I don't understand why Trinity plays slow. They have so many athletes. Seems they would be well served to get up and down the court.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Sad someone had to lose especially when you two of the top 3 teams in the state playing in the opening round but that's why this is such a great tournament. No Coach Hicks will take on his old school in the quarterfinals.

Sorry if the comment upset you. I was on the other end of the floor all I was saying was it could have been I didn't know. The call was exactly right on the jump ball it was Trinity's possession but when you foul before the ball is inbounded the team that was fouled keeps possession.

 

 

You are good. I saw jump ball called first, but never saw them change to a foul.

HAVE to hit nail-down Free Throws as that 3-ball always seems to fall on other end.

The reality is Trinity can't win when it counts:idunno:

 

Officals didn't lose this one for them

 

This makes 4 of last 8 years (2010,2014,2015,2018) they have objectively had the better team and have gotten knocked out of region or state!

 

Throw out the 2012 title when they were so much better than everyone it didn't matter and otherwise they haven't been able to get it done.

 

Just stating one guys opinion!

 

Congrats to Scott County!

You are good. I saw jump ball called first, but never saw them change to a foul.

 

I was watching video and announcers never noticed the change from jump ball to foul call either ( or, I missed hearing the change). Had me confused, too.

Trinity having two fouls to give and not using at least 1 of them in the last 20 seconds is either bad coaching or bad execution.

  • Author

They never changed the call to a foul. They called the jump ball and as Trinity was taking it out the kid from Scott held the Trinity player so the ball was never inbounded so that is actually why Trinity kept the possession.

I was watching video and announcers never noticed the change from jump ball to foul call either ( or, I missed hearing the change). Had me confused, too.

 

My gosh so many people are misunderstanding this call! Please follow this one item at a time:

1. jump ball was called.

2. Trinity player was handed the ball to inbound, and the five second count starts.

3. SC commits a foul on the floor BEFORE the ball is inbounded.

4. Official enforces foul, and the arrow does not change because the ball was never inbounded.

5. a minute late another held ball, still T ball.

 

It's that simple.

I am a big T fan and I thought it was very well officiated overall.

  • Author
My gosh so many people are misunderstanding this call! Please follow this one item at a time:

1. jump ball was called.

2. Trinity player was handed the ball to inbound, and the five second count starts.

3. SC commits a foul on the floor BEFORE the ball is inbounded.

4. Official enforces foul, and the arrow does not change because the ball was never inbounded.

5. a minute late another held ball, still T ball.

 

It's that simple.

 

Perfectly said that's what I've tried to say twice, but you did so much better. lol

Trinity having two fouls to give and not using at least 1 of them in the last 20 seconds is either bad coaching or bad execution.

 

Team don't do this nearly as much as they should, on any level.

Just watched the replay on the NFHS network and it was a foul that would have been called at any other time in the game. Why you don't call it there is up to the officials. Didn't like Trinity calling a timeout allowing Scott Co to get a set play. Maybe Hicks calls a timeout. Also wouldn't have had Johnson inbounding the ball on last play. Give Scott Credit for doubling him when he got it to force him to get rid of it. Great game!

Perfectly said that's what I've tried to say twice, but you did so much better. lol

 

Sometimes I get lucky.

1- thought Scott made a big mistake picking up trinity full and sure enough kid fouls and Powell makes 2

2- trinity has two fouls to give and does not foul and Robb hits a 3

3 Scrubbs get ball on dead run and clearly was fouled. Clear foul. Glad it was not called because I had picked Scott in my pool!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.