Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott County 54 Trinity 53 (Sweet 16 - Round 1)

Featured Replies

I watched both twitter angles and I just don’t see how it’s a foul. He goes through three defenders and is falling on his own accord. I listened to this on the radio, great play by play duo. They were confused on the change of possession arrow/ foul situation but were quickly informed of the rule and relayed it to us listeners. Also they didn’t even hint that Trinity could’ve posssibly been fouled on the last shot.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It sounds like it was a great game between two really good teams. The final play looked like a great no call, IMO. I'm glad Scott County won. Congrats to them.

Here is Ben Spicer’s tweet and in his tweet from this angle I don’t see a foul nor do I see how it could be called a foul. Good no call IMO.

 

 

 

Twitter

Here is Ben Spicer’s tweet and in his tweet from this angle I don’t see a foul nor do I see how it could be called a foul. Good no call IMO.

 

 

 

Twitter

 

It's close. Glad I didn't have to make that call.

Underwhelmed by Scott County per usual. Trinity seemed like the better team.

Won't be shocked if Corbin plays them tough.

Heard tickets were going for $200 on the street. Lol

Underwhelmed by Scott County per usual. Trinity seemed like the better team.

Won't be shocked if Corbin plays them tough.

 

They can guard.

Regardless of what the scoreboard reads at the end, these two powerhouses delivered today.

 

Agree. What a great game. Both teams played hard and you could tell they really wanted to win. Congrats to Scott Co. They made plays when they had to.

Congratulations to Scott County. They played better than Trinity down the stretch. No one is talking about Trinity letting Robb open on the game-winning 3 with 5.8 seconds left. From my seat I was shielded by the 2 or 3 Scott Cnty. players on Scrubb so I cannot say if there was a foul not. It looked as if there easily could've been one though. (Have not seen a replay.)

I don't know how the final stats played out but T was outrebounding Scott but did not do a good job of converting them into points. That Moreno is a really good player. with a lot of offensive skills.

Saw the final few possessions on internet. Really surprised that Trinity opted to simply let Scott County bring the ball upcourt without any pressure at all that might have wasted a few precious seconds and forced Scott to run a play against that zone with very little time.

 

That said, the Trinity defense was solid most of the night. I thought the Trinity coaching staff had a superb game plan. Kudos to both teams for a great game and congrats to the Cardinals for being able to rise above a tremendous effort by Trinity. Champions find a way to win.

 

The Sweet 16 is a game of "Survivor" not "Miss America"....LOL

Well, there goes our best chance to win the state in years. Trinity one and done when it comes to winning the state in basketball. If it were not for the football team Trinity would have very few championships to brag about in other sports.

Well, there goes our best chance to win the state in years. Trinity one and done when it comes to winning the state in basketball. If it were not for the football team Trinity would have very few championships to brag about in other sports.

 

You really enjoy watching Trinity lose don't you? You predicted that they wouldn't get out of the region. If I recall during football season you were very critical of Trinity if they didn't win games by a big enough margin. You predicted huge blowouts of the Trinity freshmen team. One wonders how big of a Trinity fan you really are????? Prior to Szabo how many times did Trinity play in the Sweet 16?

I agree with Sinbad

As I stated earlier in this thread, Trinity wins in football when they have the best talent- and sometimes when they don't

In basketball, as I stated earlier in the thread, they have had the best talent in the region/state several times and have been upset.

I agree Szabo has been able to upgrade the talent but sometimes you have to question coaching when you repeatedly lose games you should win??

Trinity having two fouls to give and not using at least 1 of them in the last 20 seconds is either bad coaching or bad execution.

 

I'm glad after 3 pages someone finally brought this up. This has happened over and over in tournament play of late(Pendleton County and Mason County in the 10th Region Tournament) comes to mind when it comes to not using fouls in the final seconds of games. This is coaching 101 or at least assistant coaching 101 even into middle school. It was always the job of an assistant or book keeper on the bench back when I did it to always be in the coaches ear with this information constantly. Most of these schools have 10 assistants or so it seems on the bench and not one can tell a coach he has fouls to use. More to the job than getting a coaches pass for family and friends or maybe not. Unbelievable.

I agree with Sinbad

As I stated earlier in this thread, Trinity wins in football when they have the best talent- and sometimes when they don't

In basketball, as I stated earlier in the thread, they have had the best talent in the region/state several times and have been upset.

I agree Szabo has been able to upgrade the talent but sometimes you have to question coaching when you repeatedly lose games you should win??

 

This was a toss-up game. It wasn't a game "they should win."

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.