Scott County 54 Trinity 53 (Sweet 16 - Round 1)

I'm glad after 3 pages someone finally brought this up. This has happened over and over in tournament play of late(Pendleton County and Mason County in the 10th Region Tournament) comes to mind when it comes to not using fouls in the final seconds of games. This is coaching 101 or at least assistant coaching 101 even into middle school. It was always the job of an assistant or book keeper on the bench back when I did it to always be in the coaches ear with this information constantly. Most of these schools have 10 assistants or so it seems on the bench and not one can tell a coach he has fouls to use. More to the job than getting a coaches pass for family and friends or maybe not. Unbelievable.

Brought it up with someone else in the update thread. Just didn't get it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree the game was a toss up going in but Trinity controlled the game most of the time and made some mistakes at the end and Scott Co took advantage. Kudos to them but to not admit Trinity should have won this game is a bit misguided IMO

I agree the game was a toss up going in but Trinity controlled the game most of the time and made some mistakes at the end and Scott Co took advantage. Kudos to them but to not admit Trinity should have won this game is a bit misguided IMO

I guess I misunderstood your "should have won." I thought you meant they were clearly the better team coming in. You're saying they played better this game - which I'm still not 100% sure you're right. SC's D was really good.

SC absolutely did what they had to do and won the game.

My point is Trinity was leading most of the game and had chances in the last minute to put it away and didn't convert. Does that mean Scott Co was better- I'm not sure i can agree to that but I can congratulate them on doing what they had to do to win!

Trinity is so long and their zone is effective. I don't think the Trinity wants to run with SC. They were in control of the game and just didn't finish.

I give SC a bunch of credit. They are undersized but play really hard. The lefty for them hit some big threes.

Cooper Robb is a fun kid to watch. Just a really solid high school basketball player.

Moreno is a moose and is only a junior.

As for the last two possessions. Trinity played practically the entire game in zone and went m/m on SC's last possession.

They had two fouls to give and didn't use a one.

Then lose Robb popping out from the baseline for an open look was inexcusable.

As for the last play, the kid was barrelling towards the basket almost out of control It looks like Moreno may have gotten away with a bump and the one kid reaches in on the shot and recoiled pretty quickly after making contact with ball or a hand.

SC ran the same defense in the last few seconds against LCA and almost got burnt. LCA threw out of two doubles and the kid was wide open for a winning three.

Scrubb wasn't passing and SC had 3 guys in the paint. Kick the ball out young man.

Trinity needs to quit playing like they are just glad to be there, and start playing like they are there to win the state championship. Failing to get Rondale Moore out for

Basketball, and losing Weining to De Sales on a transfer cost them dearly. Trinity should have at least two more championships in basketball.

Trinity needs to quit playing like they are just glad to be there, and start playing like they are there to win the state championship. Failing to get Rondale Moore out for

Basketball, and losing Weining to De Sales on a transfer cost them dearly. Trinity should have at least two more championships in basketball.

Weining left because coaching staff didn't think he could help them and he was told he was not going to get any playing time as a junior.

He would clearly have been the 4th best player on the team this year!

If he plays this year and gives Trinity a viable 4th offensive threat, which he most certainly would have, I think they roll to the title.

Don't know about Moore situation and whether he even wanted to play

If you saw the game and have any empathy at all you would never say anything like that. The kids from both teams played hard the whole way. As far as the players that aren't on the team, I don't think that has any relevance. They aren't on the team. One has a very bright future in football. If he saw it to his benefit to concentrate on football, so be it. I don't see the other young mans decision to transfer as any different that any other transfer. I don't want the coaches to make their decisions based on keeping the kid from transferring. The coaches make the decisions about who plays. I liked this years team, with or without others who chose not to be part of it.

If you saw the game and have any empathy at all you would never say anything like that. The kids from both teams played hard the whole way. As far as the players that aren't on the team, I don't think that has any relevance. They aren't on the team. One has a very bright future in football. If he saw it to his benefit to concentrate on football, so be it. I don't see the other young mans decision to transfer as any different that any other transfer. I don't want the coaches to make their decisions based on keeping the kid from transferring. The coaches make the decisions about who plays. I liked this years team, with or without others who chose not to be part of it.

Weining did not want to transfer. He was told he would get minimal playing time as a junior and decided to go elsewhere. He became an all region player at Desales. That is very questionable talent evaluation by the coaching staff with a kid that had no desire to go elsewhere- if given a fair chance!!

Besides the "big three" on Trinity's team- no one else was even close to the player he is and Trinity could have certainly used his scoring ability in the Scott Co loss.