Scott County 54 Trinity 53 (Sweet 16 - Round 1)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6.4.4 If a foul by either team occurs before an alternating-possession throw-in ends, the foul is penalized and play continues as it normally would, but the possession arrow is not reversed. The same team will still have the arrow for the next A-P throw in.

I didn't see anything live that I thought looked like a foul. A player simply falling down doesn't mean he was fouled, which is called WAY too often.

I think he got bumped....but no one is getting that call. It's just not enough to warrant the whistle at that time.

I didn't see anything live that I thought looked like a foul. A player simply falling down doesn't mean he was fouled, which is called WAY too often.

Agreed.

But I can see why the Trinity staff/team thought their might have been a foul. From where they were sitting, Moreno would have been blocking their sight of how Scrubb went to the floor. Radio I was listening to was right behind the Trinity bench & the play-by-play guy said there was a lot of contact. I'm glad there wasn't & that this game wasn't marred by a bad call or something.

Here we go. We were out rebounded all day long and still managed to win. The better team won. Not to mention the two straight possessions Trinity received after jump balls. They tried to give it to Trinity but we wouldn’t allow it to happen.

Sorry if the comment upset you. I was on the other end of the floor all I was saying was it could have been I didn't know. The call was exactly right on the jump ball it was Trinity's possession but when you foul before the ball is inbounded the team that was fouled keeps possession.

Guest BehindTheLine
That's a pretty bitter comment. Also, the first was a foul not a jump ball (no possession change).

It was called a jump ball...

Agreed.

But I can see why the Trinity staff/team thought their might have been a foul. From where they were sitting, Moreno would have been blocking their sight of how Scrubb went to the floor. Radio I was listening to was right behind the Trinity bench & the play-by-play guy said there was a lot of contact. I'm glad there wasn't & that this game wasn't marred by a bad call or something.

Trinity team except maybe one immediately went to knee or put face in jersey and did not react with a “that’s a foul”. Game would not have been “marred” whichever way the call went. 33% from 3, missed FT’s by Trinity in the last minutes...that’s the ballgame. It’s not one call or no call in the last 5 seconds of a ballgame. Amazing how people forget the previous 31:55 of the game and always talk last play.

High school basketball at its finest. Disappointing that either of these teams has to be eliminated. You know, Scott County started its season this year with a game against Ballard. I suggest Scott County and Trinity work it out so that they play each other in the first game of next season, as both will be loaded again next year.