Winter Weather threat for Monday/Tuesday

nWo

I want to add my thanks! Because of you looking out for us (and me) I have much better info to base !y decisions about driving to the resort or working from home I warned 2 co-workers who live in the Louisvile area about last Friday. One listened to me and stayed home. One went in to work and totaled her car on the way home (she's fine). I just have too far to drive to not appreciate all the info you provide

Thank you so much for the compliments. I'm glad she's ok.

I go first to nWo’s weather report when checking weather, particularly winter. Also during spring season through the tornado or severe storm threats. He does a darn good job and I appreciate it very much.

Thank you for the compliments.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This first simulated radar is for tonight from 7 pm to 7 am ET. We can see the snow starting to get a little more organized around 7 am.

7-7.gif

The second one is for Tuesday from around 10 am to 7 pm ET. I want everyone to take note how the snow seems to regenerate again during the early afternoon around the I-75 corridor then moves southeastward through Kentucky. I think this is where the heavier possible snow accumulations will come from on Tuesday for the areas I mentioned earlier. One other thing, the temps look to warm up a bit into the mid to upper teens so this could also account for more accumulations. Time will tell.

10-7.gif

Here's the latest simulated snow accumulation map from 4 pm ET today to 4 pm ET Tuesday. There is an area along the I-75 corridor from around Madison Co down to the Tennessee Border that now may receive 4-6". This includes Somerset, London, and Corbin.

I'll post an update later this evening.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65246[/ATTACH]

@nWo we had planned to leave for Florida on Wed morning. What should we expect ? Thanks.

@nWo we had planned to leave for Florida on Wed morning. What should we expect ? Thanks.

If you are going through North Carolina look for 2-4" in the central part of the state. South Carolina is looking at 1-3". Western Tennessee 1-2". If you are going through Georgia from a dusting to about 1". Once you get south of Atlanta you should be ok. I'll update you in the morning. I'll be back up at 3 am.