Best QB's Among the Twelve Teams Remaining?

My point is this. If you don’t recruit the best talent in your state, and since we are talking about QBs, how can you expect to be going to another state and getting their best talent? Looking at what UK has had for the last couple of years, why wouldn’t you take a better look at arguably the best Qb in your own state?

I’m a UK fan through and thorough. Mayer will be great wherever he goes, but I would like to see UK keep more of the talent in state instead of other schools picking them off

This I agree with. When there is talent in this state. UK should at least be trying to get it.

I really don't don't so I'm just asking. What all D1 schools has he or did he get offers from. Usually you hear about offers people have even when they choose somewhere else. Yet it's been really quiet on who all really offered and wasn't just interested.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like he's more a 2nd tier level QB.. I'm sure he's a great HS QB, but, why aren't other D1 major programs offering him.. Why should UK be the only D1 team that should go after this kid.. Sounds like if they did, that would be more a reason why they don't move up the food chain than if they don't go after him..

Great question. I think lack of camps may have hurt him in that regard. Maybe it is the recent run of big recruits from NKY that fizzled out in college, or before school even started. I don’t know. All I can say is the only QB that I have seen up here with Mayer’s accuracy to all parts of the field is Guidugli. Those two look the most similar.

Bohn: 242-302 3,135 yards, 5 INT, 37 TD; 43 carries, -54 yards, 2 TD

Not to criticize Bohn, but an opponent's coach shared that the majority of his 80% unworldly comp %, were short dinks and dunks that went for big yardage with that receiving corp, i.e. Rondale Moore and Rondale Moore and Rondale Moore. His negative rushing stats with perhaps the best offensive line in the state make you question his mobility and overall athleticism. These observations are just questions and not first hand knowledge.

Just saw that Bohn's backup running the same Trinity offense has the same unworldly 80+% completion rate. Awesome system when you have talent surrounded by talent.

Not to criticize Bohn, but an opponent's coach shared that the majority of his 80% unworldly comp %, were short dinks and dunks that went for big yardage with that receiving corp, i.e. Rondale Moore and Rondale Moore and Rondale Moore. His negative rushing stats with perhaps the best offensive line in the state make you question his mobility and overall athleticism. These observations are just questions and not first hand knowledge.

I.watched him in person twice he is best qb in the state.