Best QB's Among the Twelve Teams Remaining?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mayer: 159-250 2,777 yards, 3 INT, 37 TD; 55 carries, 380 yards, 11 TD

Just passing along the stats.

Bohn: 242-302 3,135 yards, 5 INT, 37 TD; 43 carries, -54 yards, 2 TD

This is for anyone to answer, not necessrarily Wireman.... What exactly about these stats makes it “not even close?”

When a player misses half of 10 games, he misses out on stats. Mayer is the leader of a great team that has gotten the younger guys a lot of playing time. If his coach was worried about stats, he could’ve left Mayer in to demoralize the kids on the other team and pad his stats....but what is the point of that? @FBALLforever74, Shearer isn’t even playing right now and shouldn’t be in this conversation. Nice try to turn this into an SK thread.

Also, to imply that Mayer’s supporting cast is what made his stats shows your fball knowledge is questionable at best. Have you ever seen him play and been to a Covcath game?

Time to chime in again.

I am not saying Bohn is the top QB in the state; I am saying it is CLOSE. Against the 4 weakest opponents on T's schedule (all 1st half running clocks I believe) he TOTALED 649 yard passing. So yes, his numbers could be even more impressive if T had fewer blowouts (same as CCH). Against the 4 toughest opponents (Warren Central, IN, St. X, Moeller, Champagnat, FL) Bohn had 1528 yards passing, or an average of 382 per game. Granted there was plenty of RAC yards, but he can throw downfield when he needs to - you take what the defense gives you. Bottom line is that 382 per game against a 4-team gauntlet that I would bet is tougher than any 4 teams that CCH or any other team in KY played all season, well, that's got to be in the discussion. Just my 2 cents.

This is for anyone to answer, not necessrarily Wireman.... What exactly about these stats makes it “not even close?”

Don’t know what Bohn’s arm strength is like, but Mayer’s out and deep ball don’t need extra flight to get there. He has a D1 arm. High School stats are often system stats

When a player misses half of 10 games, he misses out on stats. Mayer is the leader of a great team that has gotten the younger guys a lot of playing time. If his coach was worried about stats, he could’ve left Mayer in to demoralize the kids on the other team and pad his stats....but what is the point of that? @FBALLforever74, Shearer isn’t even playing right now and shouldn’t be in this conversation. Nice try to turn this into an SK thread.

Also, to imply that Mayer’s supporting cast is what made his stats shows your fball knowledge is questionable at best. Have you ever seen him play and been to a Covcath game?

Bohn has only played a few entire games. Watched Mayer play against Beechwood.

Don’t know what Bohn’s arm strength is like, but Mayer’s out and deep ball don’t need extra flight to get there. He has a D1 arm. High School stats are often system stats

There is no doubt Mayer is an exceptional player and I have no issue with anyone who thinks he is the better of the two. I have an issue with the "not even close" crowd.

Not to criticize Bohn, but an opponent's coach shared that the majority of his 80% unworldly comp %, were short dinks and dunks that went for big yardage with that receiving corp, i.e. Rondale Moore and Rondale Moore and Rondale Moore. His negative rushing stats with perhaps the best offensive line in the state make you question his mobility and overall athleticism. These observations are just questions and not first hand knowledge.

Just saw that Bohn's backup running the same Trinity offense has the same unworldly 80+% completion rate. Awesome system when you have talent surrounded by talent.

Bohn's backup has a 54% completion rate.

Most assume that the passing offense is all Moore. He catches 36.5% of the passes and accounts for 39% of the passing yards and 34% of the receiving TDs. Many of his receptions are short due to the space DBs give him so as not to get beat deep. Lots of weapons on the Trinity offense.

Bohn played an average of 3 quarters per game and has not played 4 quarters since September 29th.

Offensive line has improved a lot during the season and has battled a lot of injuries. Bohn gets a lot of pressure and I can't remember a better QB at scrambling to keep the play alive and then completing a pass. He is a very capable runner that toes the line and passes far more often than he runs. Was sacked for -109 yards total in the first 3 games, much improved since then.

Updated stats are 271/338 for 3433 yds, 80.2%, 41 TDs/5 INTs

If you are going to play the blow out card. Trinity would have had the same blowouts against that schedule and probably honestly running clock against each team on Covcaths schedule and not just Kentucky teams. Trinitys qb put up his stats against 4 or so teams better than any other team Covcath played.

I think Mayer is the best, but it probably is close.

Bohn's backup has a 54% completion rate.

Most assume that the passing offense is all Moore. He catches 36.5% of the passes and accounts for 39% of the passing yards and 34% of the receiving TDs. Many of his receptions are short due to the space DBs give him so as not to get beat deep. Lots of weapons on the Trinity offense.

Bohn played an average of 3 quarters per game and has not played 4 quarters since September 29th.

Offensive line has improved a lot during the season and has battled a lot of injuries. Bohn gets a lot of pressure and I can't remember a better QB at scrambling to keep the play alive and then completing a pass. He is a very capable runner that toes the line and passes far more often than he runs. Was sacked for -109 yards total in the first 3 games, much improved since then.

Updated stats are 271/338 for 3433 yds, 80.2%, 41 TDs/5 INTs

29/36 is not 54%. 4 TDs, 0 ints and 298 yards tells me there is great talent around all QBs and a great system. What a perfect blend.

Trinity stats on Rihards through all games do not match what you are reporting for Bohn. Wonder what the problem is?

Bohn has only played a few entire games. Watched Mayer play against Beechwood.

So the only game you saw Mayer play in this year, he went 14-17 with 227 yards and 3 TD in the 1st half before sitting the rest of the game? I haven't seen Bohn play this year, but he must be really really good for you to be so certain that he is the best in the state when you saw a near flawless game by Mayer.

So the only game you saw Mayer play in this year, he went 14-17 with 227 yards and 3 TD in the 1st half before sitting the rest of the game? I haven't seen Bohn play this year, but he must be really really good for you to be so certain that he is the best in the state when you saw a near flawless game by Mayer.

Ryle scrimmage Bohn threw 3 or 4 tds I left way before halftime. Against SK Bohn ran the offense better than any qb I have seen this year.