Best QB's Among the Twelve Teams Remaining?

Ryle scrimmage Bohn threw 3 or 4 tds I left way before halftime. Against SK Bohn ran the offense better than any qb I have seen this year.

Thought we all agreed, pre-season scrimmage stats tell us very little as both O's and D's are both experimenting. SK's defense has been its achilles heel for multiple years.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's all be honest here.. I doubt anyone on this board has seen all 12 QBs in action this year and if they have, it may have been for 1 game or a part of 1 game. Most fans of there team are partial and will promote there guy and say I wouldn't trade him for anyone else. Also, most of these teams had plenty of blowout wins where the starting QB didn't play but maybe 2 or 3 quarters and under a running clock where coaches don't typically pad stats and run up the scores. Lastly, surrounding cast does make a difference. All of these teams are good or wouldn't be where they are, but, does a 1a team's QB have the surrounding cast of a Trinity or St X QB? Of course not, so, that has to factor in to some degree.. The bigger question I'd have in rating them is this, would your team be where they are right now with there back up QB. If not, then those are the ones I'd be leaning too as most valuable to there team..

29/36 is not 54%. 4 TDs, 0 ints and 298 yards tells me there is great talent around all QBs and a great system. What a perfect blend.

Trinity stats on Rihards through all games do not match what you are reporting for Bohn. Wonder what the problem is?

Coach I am getting my stats from the official Trinity stat log. McKean is the backup and is 12/22 for 101yds and 1 TD in Varsity play. Not sure what "Rihards" is but would like to check it out, please post a link or send it to me privately. Thanks!

Coach I am getting my stats from the official Trinity stat log. McKean is the backup and is 12/22 for 101yds and 1 TD in Varsity play. Not sure what "Rihards" is but would like to check it out, please post a link or send it to me privately. Thanks!

Easiest access is right on BGP. Go to scoreboard link at bottom of high school sports page. Open it and go down to Trinity vs St. X. On the Trinity page you can see stats they provide KHSAA for each game. Season long stats link is up top with some crazy label with an obscure date like Dec. 31, 1969?????(memory)

Cody Auxier is the only backup with any stats of any quantity.

Easiest access is right on BGP. Go to scoreboard link at bottom of high school sports page. Open it and go down to Trinity vs St. X. On the Trinity page you can see stats they provide KHSAA for each game. Season long stats link is up top with some crazy label with an obscure date like Dec. 31, 1969?????(memory)

Cody Auxier is the only backup with any stats of any quantity.

Thanks Coach, looks like those stats for Bohn are missing the Simon Kenton game. Cody Auxier is the nose tackle and the stats for him are Bohn's stat line from the SK game. Looking forward to some great championships this weekend!

Edited by 87ROCK

Thanks Coach, looks like those stats for Bohn are missing the Simon Kenton game. Cody Auxier is the nose tackle and the stats for him are Bohn's stat line from the SK game. Looking forward to some great championships this weekend!

Got to say for a nose tackle, he must be able to sling it! LOL. All these stats are uploaded by the high school staffs. Some take it more serious than others.

According to KHSAA record book, single-season state record for completion % by QB was set by Tim Couch at Leslie County in 1994 at 75.1%. Trinity's Nick Bohn set to shatter that with a mark of 80.2% (271 of 338) entering Sunday's state final.

From Jason Frakes

According to KHSAA record book, single-season state record for completion % by QB was set by Tim Couch at Leslie County in 1994 at 75.1%. Trinity's Nick Bohn set to shatter that with a mark of 80.2% (271 of 338) entering Sunday's state final.

From Jason Frakes

Leslie County playoff game vs CCH in 1994 was the only game of Couch’s HS career that he didn’t throw a touchdown pass. Just a little into.

Crazy stat by T’s QB.....

I have seen 7 out of the 12 and Sizemore has been the most impressive and has been a 3 year starter for Corbin. After looking at his numbers over the last 3 years what is most impressive is he will be in the top 5 in KHSAA statistical category for completion % in a career along with a lot more categories. I just love watching the big lefty throw and run over people, hopefully he will play locally in college.

Sizemore isn’t impressing me with his down the field passing in the final. Can’t believe he is top 5 in completion % for a career.....

Nick Bohn has one more game to go but 80.2 percent completion percentage and to do it against the schedule they played in the first seven weeks is pretty impressive.

He may implode on Sunday but to be on pace to shatter TC's record is pretty impressive.

And by the way, Jack Albers is a really good QB. Very under rated. Kid can throw and run and is the main reason I think X has a shot on Sunday.

Let's try this...how would you rank the 4 QBs who played in Friday's games? I'll go:

1. Reed Lanter 16-24 223 YDS, 5 TD, 2 rushes, 8 YDS

2. Brayden Burch 22-30 186 YDS, 1 TD, 3 rushes, -24 YDS

3. Cameron Sizemore 12-23 81 YDS, 2 TD, 3 INT, 9 rushes, 31 YDS

4. Damon Black 6-10, 8 YDS, 1 INT, 0 TD, 6 rushes, 12 YDS

We can update the list accordingly tomorrow and Sunday

From Jason Frakes

If 87Rock's updated Bohn stats are correct..271/338....then Bohn can go 0/22 on Sunday and still break Tim Couch's record. Pretty unlikely that he doesn't end up as the leader in this unworldly stat.

Let's try this...how would you rank the 4 QBs who played in Friday's games? I'll go:

1. Reed Lanter 16-24 223 YDS, 5 TD, 2 rushes, 8 YDS

2. Brayden Burch 22-30 186 YDS, 1 TD, 3 rushes, -24 YDS

3. Cameron Sizemore 12-23 81 YDS, 2 TD, 3 INT, 9 rushes, 31 YDS

4. Damon Black 6-10, 8 YDS, 1 INT, 0 TD, 6 rushes, 12 YDS

We can update the list accordingly tomorrow and Sunday

Rylan Thomas of FS was 6-7 for 195 yards and a TD.