Best QB's Among the Twelve Teams Remaining?

I am only going to refute the "it's not even close"

These are the 10-game regular season stats only for the KHSAA, but let's be honest, neither CCH nor T has had a REAL tough playoff opponent yet:

Mayer = 120/184 (62%) for 2045 yds, 23 TDs, 3 int.

Bohn = 207/263 (79%) for 2601 yds, 26TDs, 5 int.

I am guessing Mayer has done quite a bit with his legs as well, but then again I know Bohn has too. Granted R Moore is a more powerful weapon than any CCH receiver, but Moore did sit out a couple of games. Also, Bohn did most of his damage against the likes of Warren Central (IN), Moeller, X, etc. In 2 games against Seneca he attempted a total of 21 passes! (12 & 9), and only attempted 8 against J-town, so there weren't big boosts to his numbers against weaker opponents. However, he threw for 387 against WC, 490 against Big Moe, 237 against X and 414 against Champagnat (FL). Those numbers are at least CLOSE.

Edited by sports fan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen any play in person but just from what I have read through the games on here and the stats they have produced.

12. Black - Raceland

11. Thomas - Franklin Simpson

10. Stinson/Guthrie - Mayfield

9. Preece - Johnson Central

8. Burch - Beechwood

7. Stacy - Madison Southern

6. Lanter - Boyle couty

5. Thorton - Danville

4. Albers- St. X

3. Bohn - Trinity

2. Sizemore - Corbin

1. Mayer - CovCath

Start switching these QBs and put them on a different team and see how they perform. That would be the only way to tell who is the "best", and that obviously can't happen. Having a better supporting cast doesn't necessarily make them the best QB.

Start switching these QBs and put them on a different team and see how they perform. That would be the only way to tell who is the "best", and that obviously can't happen. Having a better supporting cast doesn't necessarily make them the best QB.

Totally agree. But most folks on this site believe that the 22 deep of CCH is right there with T this year or at least very close. So if Bohn is "not even close" to Mayer would that mean that if the two of them switched teams T would become 4 TDs better than CCH? I think not.

Couldn't agree more. Supporting cast and scheme play a part. Saying who is the best of the bunch is very difficult. And you cannot base it on offers. That brings in even different factors. Too many variables.

I haven't seen any play in person but just from what I have read through the games on here and the stats they have produced.

12. Black - Raceland

11. Thomas - Franklin Simpson

10. Stinson/Guthrie - Mayfield

9. Preece - Johnson Central

8. Burch - Beechwood

7. Stacy - Madison Southern

6. Lanter - Boyle couty

5. Thorton - Danville

4. Albers- St. X

3. Bohn - Trinity

2. Sizemore - Corbin

1. Mayer - CovCath

Reed Lanter comes in at 6th on your list, Reed has passed for 2374 yds 23 TD'S with only 4 interceptions on the season, I'm not saying Reed should be any higher anyone's list but his upside is tremendous because he's only a sophomore, and I wouldn't trade him for another QB in the state.

Those people are wrong. Scott Co was the third best team in 6A this year, and I hate to admit it, but Trinity would have beaten us pretty badly. I think the Cardinals could've taken one against Cov Cath, though.

CalPreps has the score. CovCath 41 Scott Co. 28

AJ Mayer, makes good reads, great wheels, can make all the throws. His decision making is what impresses me the most.

I’ve been to all but three of the Uk games this season, and watched those three on TV, he is a BIG upgrade to Stephen Johnson. Cats are missing the boat on this young man.

He actually hasn’t signed his LOI, yet. After the lack of coaching control during the Louisville game, he may be better off elsewhere!

UK not at least speaking to AJ is why they will never have sustained success. Are u telling me he couldn’t do better than Barker down there? UK will always be a doormat when they let premiere talent in KY go somewhere else

How soon and quick people forget, and only see now in the moment. All the things people are saying about Mayer is the same things said about Drew Barker in high school. Makes good reads, changed plays at the line based off the defense if needed, good wheels, was able to make all the throws all over the field. He did all that with less talent around him than what Mayer is working with.

Obviously his college career hasn't gone to great. However no one would have expected that based off how good he looked in high school. Which is why it's kind of wrong to say UK can do better than someone like Barker when talking about Mayer. Because all the things you all are saying about Mayer is exactly what was said about Barker. Just goes to show as great as a qb looks in high school, you just never know how they would do in college especially D1. They no longer are automatically the best on the field. You have other qbs you're also competing against who dominated just like you in high school. Plus you are not automatically on the most talented team like Covcath is this year in 5a.

I honestly think Mayer will do great in college. However I thought Barker would too. With that said I do hope UK would try for Mayer. Which I agree he is the top qb left in the playoffs.

How soon and quick people forget, and only see now in the moment. All the things people are saying about Mayer is the same things said about Drew Barker in high school. Makes good reads, changed plays at the line based off the defense if needed, good wheels, was able to make all the throws all over the field. He did all that with less talent around him than what Mayer is working with.

Obviously his college career hasn't gone to great. However no one would have expected that based off how good he looked in high school. Which is why it's kind of wrong to say UK can do better than someone like Barker when talking about Mayer. Because all the things you all are saying about Mayer is exactly what was said about Barker. Just goes to show as great as a qb looks in high school, you just never know how they would do in college especially D1. They no longer are automatically the best on the field. You have other qbs you're also competing against who dominated just like you in high school. Plus you are not automatically on the most talented team like Covcath is this year in 5a.

I honestly think Mayer will do great in college. However I thought Barker would too. With that said I do hope UK would try for Mayer. Which I agree he is the top qb left in the playoffs.

:popcorn:

Here is the Championship Program. KHSAA It lists the leaders in the state. Bohn is 5th overall in the state and the highest of the final QB. 5 th in yardage against the most out of state teams. Albers from St X has one more chapter to write. Too many running clocks for Cov Cath to run up some stats. I hope he does it for my Alma mater, Miami!